Posts by Jones1988

Application of compression and some studio EQ to punch up certain freqs should help dial things in to be more "punchy"...

Right. And can you or anyone else give advice about the best compressor and EQ settings for my purpose? Playing around with compressors I had the feeling that I'm rather losing than gaining a more defined low end.

Now I just added +6db on Mid 1 Gain at 125Hz and a compressor with 5.0 Intensity and 3.5 Attack, 0 Squash.

Here's another sample, but please note that the volume sample is louder than my first one:

https://drive.google.com/open?…qoGFjLp008wGkOJuGoULjXCkT

Hey Jeff, tank you. One guitarist is using an Axe Fx, the other one a small Engl tube amp. My bass tone was mainly edited in the studio, splitting the signal into 3 tracks, 1) compressed low end, 2) distorted high end and 3) Dingwall DI signal. On my Kemper I'm using the parallel path feature to achieve the same effect in combination with Darkglass B7K or X7. But what you're hearing is not the result of reamping, to be honest. :)

Dear fellow musicians, this is our first performance video from our first EP. Please watch and enjoy!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PS: I'm the bass guitar player ;)

Full EP on Spotify, Bandcamp, iTunes and so on...

Hey bass players,

I was wondering how you dial in a bass guitar tone with a clear, mighty and punchy low end.

This is how I tried:

I play a 4 string Warwick Corvette RB and use the "Kammschott Superbass" profile from rig exchange, which I can highly recommend.

First, I turned off the EQ section and the cabinet. Then, in stomp A, I added the studio equalizer, put low gain on +12db and slowly increased the low frequencies until I got a decent low end sound around 60Hz. Then I decreased low gain back to +6db, added an Easy Reverb in the Effects section and added the EQ from the Stack section again with +2.5db on Bass.

This is how it sounds: https://drive.google.com/open?…21fXu_ZRhHNxR5lFg32_c578Z

I like the result, but I want more. Maybe it's a limitation of my bass guitar. But maybe some of you come up with more ideas to tweak my sound...

Cheers,

Jonas