Posts by BigStubby

Really nice playing, players like you always inspire me to work on hybrid picking. It´s just so economical, if you know what I mean. Even tho my ears are not good analyzing sound, I want to say that the compression amount was a real good shot.

I like Mateus he is and incredible guitar player :) What´s coming next ? :P Keep it up!

I played some stages where the incedible volume did not matter but the majority of venues benefits a lot from having less alarm on stage.

By the way: I saw Tremonti last year in Cologne and they had Kempers on stage, most probably for Mark's sideman Eric Friedman. My final trigger to buy one were the guys from Sevendust with their 6 piece Kemper rack and their great sound 8)

Thank you for kind words :) Exactly like you said with the loudness on stage. Sound engineers were always happier the quieter the stage was and thats it. :)

I saw Tremonti in Brno, CZ also on the same tour with Kempers. It was a good sign for me to see that, even tho Mark still prefers "Airpushing" Tube Amps :)

Hello guys,

my name is Tomas and I am from Slovak Republic. I started my guitar journey when I was 13 y.o. (26 now) getting a Squier guitar as a Christmas gift. 5 years later, earning some money in the summer I ended up being an owner of 100W Engl Ritchie Blackmore head with Orange 412 cab. We played gigs, moving all the stuff into the venues all by ourselves. Later on I even got a small wheels for that cab. Today I am laughing, how we could move that 50kgs Orange cab without wheels for a years. :D Weight of the head with case was about 35kgs. I also never turned up the volume knob passing 9 O´clock. Rehearshals were anyway too loud, muddy. We were damaging our ears, played not that precise as we would like to. Ofc not talking about the character of the 6L6 tubes I´ve never got to experience. After every gig we were so exhausted and we had to move all the stuff back to our rehearshal room. It was a nightmare. :D

Despite all being said, I must say, that it was a nice time going through all of this and I appreciate I had an opportunity to spend my time with music.

Well, later on I´ve bought Orange Brent Hinds Terror which is small lunchboxy head with 15 Watts. Even bought a 212 cab. I hoped I will finally crank the volume up and get more out of the tubes. It has got better but still kinda loudy, not that high gain as I needed. When I switched the mode to half power or to bedroom mode, the sound character has changed.

Although Engl Ritchie Blackmore head is a great sounding head, I sold it to a guitarist that plays in local Iron Maiden Tribute band.

I took some more money and bought a Kemper non-powered rack version before Christmas.

Eventually It got me into playing more often, the amount of the versatility is something I think I will be happy to explore and take an use of it.

I wanted to be universal as much as I could and until now Kemper fulfilled my needs even tho I didn´t explore all of the stuff going on around Kemper yet.

PS: I am a fan of Tremonti, Dorje, Gojira, Revocation, Don Brocco, Polyphia etc... I was watching a Tremonti rig rundown and there he had a device called Attenuator from Universal audio. Until now I didn´t know about a device like this. Well, shame on me, but it still doesn´t solve all the problems with the big rig. :)

Looking forward to go through forum and get as many informations as possible.

Sincerely

Tomas