Posts by dbasl86

Ah! This makes a lot of sense. Thank you I actually get it now. This is an awesome new feature.

Christoph Kemper is simply a genius!

Hello gang.

I have been away from playing and using the Kemper for months now.

Just came back to it and to my delight there was a rather awesome update released I could see that includes USB audio (wow!) AND something awesome called ‘Liquid Profiles’

But I try to gather info about this Liquid Profile thing by reading online and watching videos but, and maybe I’m slow, I can not figure out what is it about.

I see in Rig Manager that there is a ‘Generic amp’ thing there now with what seems to be 40-ish well known amps.

So my question is: in the absolute laymannesses layman’s terms; what is it about? Are all my profiles liquid now, do I have to re-purchase profiles, is there something to ‘set up’ for them to work?

Also, what output settings do you guys recommend for a guitar going straight into Kemper with Main Out going to a USB Audio Interface connected to a PC?

Thanks 🙏😊

ad 1. The Effect Buttons I-IIII of Remote and Stage toggle each assigned effect module individually from its current state. Is an assigned effect module currently off, the Effect Buttons switches it on and vice versa. And this is independent of the current on/off state of any other assigned effect modules.

ad 2. You find the MIDI message the PROFILER can receive in the chapter MIDI of the Main Manual. MIDI control change #1 control for example Wah Pedal. By default the PROFILER accepts MIDI message on all 16 channels ("Omni"). So if you can configure your MIDI contreoller to send MIDI cc#1 with its pedal moves, you can control wah effects in the PROFILER with it. Just an example.

Many thanks! I got all my answers :)

Hi. Thanks for all the responses yesterday on my post. I am back today with a couple of more question and I'll be quiet after that, I promise ^^

First off: On my Remote, when I assign an effect to let's say Button 1 I can turn that effect On/Off by simply pressing Button 1, and that is awesome. And when I add another effect to Button 1 I can choose to engage both effects at the same time or turn them both off at the same time, right... (mega awesome!) ...but when I alternate between the effects' On/Off I can't seem to turn off both effects? If that makes sense? In other words, it seems one effect must always be On this way. I have tried pressing the Button 1 (in this case) several times or triple-time but it just sends me back and forth between one effect On and the other Off.

My second question is: I have an old Native Instruments Guitar Rig ll USB Audio Interface that I used a lot before I got my Kemper that has an expression pedal on it. If memory serves it was a pretty good pedal. Is there any way to connect this unit to my Kemper for the sole purpose of using the expression pedal? I have both Midi in & out on my Native Instruments Guitar Rig ll USB Audio Interface as well as 2 inputs 2 outputs 1 headset 2 Pedal inputs and 6 Buttons (banks) kinda like the Kemper Remote. Would be awesome if I could connect it and use the expression pedal AND the buttons too but I'll be glad if I can just use my Guitar Rig ll expression pedal.

Thanks for any input :)

That is actually brilliant.

Thank you. That worked very well. It helped me a lot to Initialize performances to clear up some of them that I will never use or need. I was also able to clear out the slots except, as you say, the 1st one (Crunch preset / stock) and I was able to make my own 70's style tones performance with 5 different presets.

All is well that ends well and this ended well :)

Thanks again everyone.

Sorry for the tone (no pun) but I'm about ready to have my straight jacket locked on because IMO the Rig Manager and more specifically the PERFORMANCE mode (In Rig Manager and in general) needs a serious overhaul.

I'll be sweet and straight to the point, if you want and can help me thank you so much <3 here goes:

I can for the life of me not figure out the Performance mode in the Rig Manager.

First off all, I can never DELETE ANYTHING! On "All Performances" the "Delete Performance" (right click) is just always greyed out. Second of all, suddenly I can't switch between amps (slots?) inside the performances either with my Kemper set to Perform or set to Browser or when I'm at "AllPerformances (125) or "MyProfiler(125). I can do it with my Remote.

I have accepted that we must, at all times, have 125 Performances although my OCD mind just screams out "please let me delete something I never use". I am a very patience man when I fiddle around with the nobs and when I sit down to create tones or learn songs ect, I just finished up a pretty sweet Don Felder tone. But things like this make me crazy. OK so we must have 125 performances, but why can I not leave these said performances empty? I want to delete everything inside those that I don't want or will ever have a use for!

IMHO (AND I LOVE EVERYTHING KEMPER, hands down best gear around and might always be, yes I said it) this feature needs a serious overhaul and I can't be the only one thinking so, right? Everything else in the Kemper is so easy to use, so intuitive, so On-my-Team and friendly, then walk into the Performance mode and it's like it hates me and just kicks me in the nads every time.

Any input; thank you! :) Sorry for wall of text.

Hi Kemper fam.

I have a question:

If the KPA basically just reproduce a snapshot taken of another amp with its settings ect, then when we tweak the EQ on the front panel, what are actually tweaking? If that makes sense.

When people have something slightly negative to say about the Kemper it is usually that the profiles are a snapshot of that rig taken with those exact settings, that guitar and those pickups, and we can't really do much tweaking on that.

I was under the impression that the Kemper's front Treble knob/dial (for example) would work in conjunction with the profile's snapshot regardless of what setting used to profile it? But how can that be done when it's just a snapshot?

Like, if the user who uploaded the profile had his amp EQ at 12 o' clock but I want much much less bass (maybe close to nothing on THAT particular profile) I just physically tone it down with the Kemper's Bass knob/dial?

Is it fair to say that we never "start from scratch" with the Kemper? We download/use profiles that come done with the option to tweak those, and add effects ect ect?

Thanks for your input.

Hello everyone. Hope you are all safe and well.

I bought the Kemper Kabinet & Kone about a month ago, and I love it. However, I miiiight have pulled the trigger on it a tad too soon.

I prefer to use my current setup of guitar (d’uh) > Into Input on Kemper > Two Jack cables out of Kemper’s Main Out > Into Guitar Rig Control 2’s (USB Audio Interface) Input > Then from GR Cntr’s Output into a powered Stereo Home Speaker system with 2x speakers.

This way I can use my computer to record, or play music that is sometimes tuned down 1/2 step without having to tune my guitar or use Kempers transpose function, I simply use a software to play or record songs and transpose those song up or down depending on song. I don’t like connecting my phone to the Kemper for tuning and recording reasons.

Now, all this being said I don’t want to damage my Kemper (powered) but I want to know if I can connect the Cab & Cone either to my home stereo or connect it with an amp cable going from Red output (Kemper) to Input on Kab, then have something going from Output on Kab to either my Guitar Rig Control 2 or to my home stereo or will that as I fear create a short circut somewhere? I have zero gear to lose right now.

Maybe I should wait for powered Kemper Kabs or buy powered FRFR speakers? I think I read somewhere that the Out on the Cab is for mixing boards ect and those are powered too (like a USB device or home stereo, Yes? And I am not putting anything into the Red output of the Kemper that is powered already just the Cab, right?) I didn’t get a manual for the Kab & Kone order so I want to be sure.

I know, I should and I do want another audio interface but later : )

Thanks guys!

Hi everyone :)

I didn't know where to post this, feel free to move it to the proper forum category.

As some of you know, a few weeks ago I started a thread asking a few questions before I bought the KPA.

I have had it for a while now, and I need to get this off my chest.

I LOVE THE KEMPER SO MUCH!!! I'm so happy right now I am about to cry!

I've experienced so many tragedies in my life. Bullied at school, lost most of my close family. Never fit in anywhere. Being introvert I rarely get a friend, let alone a girlfriend.
    I suffer from major depression and severe anxiety at times, been like this for 20 years.

I've been through the ringer as they say. I, as so many others, turned to music. And what we found in music opened up a new world to us where problems simply don't exist, or at least they get put on hold or maybe through music we can finally deal with our problems once and for all. Get it all out.

This is a personal thank you letter to everyone involved in making the Kemper, and to the whole forum here, you guys are great!!
    KPA gives me happiness. I CAN SMILE AGAIN. I hate making post like this in many ways, I'd rather write lyrics, but I have to share this. I can not thank the team enough.

I could usually never afford "the real deal amps" and I really couldn't afford the KPA in the first place, but after reading reviews and watching videos I knew I had to get it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU: Christoph Kemper!

My problems and pain disappear whenever I plug in and play the Kemper. The tones I get out of it is magical and I get shivers and I feel alive again!
    You have no idea how much this has changed my life.

Sincerely

Did you update to the 3.0 Rig Manager where it has the controls at the bottom of the screen? Your timing is great because you may be the first of breed to grow with the new functionality in Rig Manager from the beginning.

Indeed I have :) Yes, I am able to edit and adjust the profiles in RM 3.0, it's pretty nice to be able to adjust via a computer. Works like a charm :)

Update #2:

KPA and Remote arrived today.

For the past 3 hours I've been playing and learning the knobs ect.

I can not believe how good this thing is. I am still in shock, *laugh*. Manual is very well written, everything works 100%. I updated it right away, and I also got to experience my first crash (yes it crashed) I have read up that this doesn't occur too often so I'm not worried it will happen live or recording.

I'm looking into buying the Tim Caswell modded Marshall for that AFD tone via Top Jimi. And I really hope I can find the famous Mesa Boogie Mark lll Purple Stripe and I'm ready for some serious 80s nights from dusk to dawn. My Les Paul Custom Shop BB is in the shop so all I could play through is my Dean Acoustic electric guitar, but I get the gist of what I can expect when I get back my LP

I AM ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER! Changing presets and adjusting to taste is super-easy. I wish there was a way to record or loop a riff, like a looper effect but that is not biggie at all. (Somehow I get a feeling even that is possible with the Kemper but I have no idea how, yet)

Thanks for all the help guys. This forum is up there with the standards of the Kemper... ...AKA: outstanding! Cheers