Posts by mattbough

I'm running a delay effect, strange thing is it sounds fine through other profiles - will have another play later see if I can fix it, I've placed it in the X module as it seemed to be the best option.

Hi,

I seem to have a strange issue but only with certain profiles. When I run my helix stomp through the FX loop some profiles sound great and other sounds like they’re out of phase.

Does anyone have any idea on how I could solve this?

Thanks

I have to say Afdadj I’m really enjoying my Katana 100 Mk 2. It’s very very loud and sounds pretty nice with my Kemper, although I’ve not used it live yet due to lockdown which is why I brought it! I have a helix stomp also and it sounds great with that.

The biggest thing for me is though i love to just plug into it for a quick play. If I’m recording anything serious of course I’m using the Kemper, but I really like the clean sound on the Katana (not sure if I’m the only one?) But I’ve managed to get some really nice tones with it.

Obviously they’re not Kemper quality but all the same it works well and the power amp in is a brilliant option.

I think I’ll still end up selling my Orange 2 x 12 and getting a Kemper Kab when everything settles though when everything settles down. Just to have a couple of options. I’m a little scared to change anything in the Katana since I love it so much as a practice amp

I’ve just ordered a Katana 100 :P

Dochay, could you still use the built in Katana amp with the Kemper Kone? I’d quite enjoy using this for practice and gigs when I can’t be bothered to bring the whole rig with me. But also fancy a Kemper Kone for my Kemper.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a few active speakers around as I do live sound myself but ideally just looking for a guitar cab / amp i prefer the sound. I’ve also been looking at 1 x 12 cabs to replace my Orange.

Ideally the Katana would be great for practice too but i’m just not sure on how good it actually sounds Since really it’ll be a bit of a downgrade. I just want to know how much of a downgrade

I was certainly looking at the 100w as well, ideally would want just the 50 watt. But I’m not sure if it’ll be too much of a sacrifice when i love the sound of the Kemper through my Orange.

I’m worried it might sound a bit boxy and thin

Hello!

I’ve been looking at small cab options lately. I’ve currently got an Orange 2 x 12 that I love, however my back doesn’t love it! I’m currently playing in a function band and tribute band as well as doing some recording at home and found Kemper is fantastic. 9 times out of 10 live I go straight into FOH and run on in ears, however I always get concerned when playing venues where it’s not my PA since you never know what you’re going to get! For this reason I quite fancy getting a smallish cab / powered cab for my Kemper.

The new Boss Katana has a power amp in on there has anyone tried it? I’m worried it may sound quite boxy. Also is the 50 loud enough to gig with? The smaller the better ideally would be fantastic.

Has anyone got any thoughts on if it would be suitable for this? It looks almost too good to be true at £219 so tell me why i shoulden’t.