Posts by StealthDJ

Does that apply here? I've talking about RM on the iPad (so no "right-click" as such), and trying to change which amp is in use for the active performance.

The list of amps that shows on screen bears no relation (that I can see) to the amp models that I have stored on the stage.

Got 8.5.2 is installed, WPS is working nicely - thanks guys! (Manual SSID selection also worked for me, FWIW).

Now that I've started to have a play, I've spotted an oddity:

I have few rigs installed on the stage, just enough for my bass requirements, plus backup for the guitarist in our band, should it ever come to that and I do everything in performance mode. My main go-tos are home-made profiles of my two main amps: a Trace Elliot V8 and an Ampeg SVT-4 PRO, both with a paid-for SVT V9 cab preset. However, none of these are present in the dropdown that appears when I try to select a different amp or cab for the performance. In fact, the list that is show appears to bear no resemblance to what's actually stored on my stage at all, either presets or rigs (I definitely don't recall putting the "robotz gainy" amp or v30 cab profile in there, for example...)

Am I missing something about what these buttons should do, or how I should be storing stuff?

can you please put it next to the router and try again, just to rule this one out? thanks.

Tried quite literally 30cm away from the router, with no difference. Can you tell me how I should be expecting the Stage to behave in this instance? The odd 'half-lit' status of the WPS soft button suggests an issue (it's completely off when in 'home network' mode), but I don't know whether I should expect a change in the display to show that the soft button press has been registered and the stage is attempting a WPS connection. Without resorting to a WiFi sniffer, there's not much else I think I can do...

Yep, WPS on the router is fine (it can be activated either from the deco unit itself or the controller app). It's the stage that gives no indication that anything is going on - I'd expect even some feedback to indicate that the soft button has been pressed, but zilch.

I've installed the 8.5 beta release on my Stage and can get it connected to my iPad, when running in 'access point' mode. However, when in 'home network' mode, the display says to use WPS and press the soft button when activated on my router (a DECO mesh in my case. WPS tried and tested with other appliances), but the WPS soft button appears 'half' lit and pressing it seems to have no effect whatsoever. I've tried multiple resets / reboots and have the stage sat right next to the access point it's trying to connect to, but no joy.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Update and wireless feature worked immediately, cool. Everything seems smooth so far. More playing with it will show but so far I am happy and I cannot believe that this gem arrived out of nothing.

Did you get the WPS connection to work? It doesn't even give any indication that the button has been pressed for me...

Okay, so 8.5 beta is here, and it enables wireless functionality on the stage (at least). Impressions so far:

- First attempt at OS upgrade bricked the kemper and sent it into "burn and boot" mode. Which then failed repeatedly with either new or old firmwares. Got there in the end - it turns out my stage is very picky about what USB adaptors it will boot from (as opposed to backup/restore to)

- Can't get WPS soft button to do anything in network setup - is this maybe not implemented yet?

- Access Point mode works nicely and using iPad camera to scan QR code joined me to the network

- First couple of attempts with the app couldn't find the stage. Had to leave and rejoin the stage network for it to pick it up

- Connect / reconnect behaviour is a little flaky

For a 1.0 release, I'm pretty impressed, but I'll need to have more of a play with the interface over an evening or two...

Apologies if I've missed this or if it's in the manual and I've missed that.

I'd like the ability to create a cab-only preset. I know it's possible to apply the cab part of a merged profile to another direct profile, but to be honest it's still a derived value and my results from trying that have been hit-and-miss at best.

Given that a lot of us (those not using a powerhead / powerrack at least) are running our Kempers into a Class D or similar poweramp, it seems like it should be fairly straightforward to use the existing hardware, connections and processes to create either an IR or a KIPR from a cab, which can then be stored as a preset and applied anywhere.

As it stands, I'm going to have to create a merged profile of my Crown poweramp just to get a cab profile of my Ampeg 610 that I have some confidence will be fairly 'pure'. it would be nice to see that little extra bit of user friendliness that seems like an simple omission.

Sorry, I should have pointed out that this is a direct profile, so sounds pretty rubbish on its own. Running through a Crown XLS1002 + Ampeg SVT610 however, is a different story.

I've managed to source a microphone with a half decent bass response, so I'll have a go at making a merged profile this week...

Lockdown restrictions finally let us get a rehearsal last night, so I took the opportunity to take the rare old beast with me and try out the Stage + DI option for profiling.

It's a fairly cranked setting on the amp itself - gain at 3 o'clock, bass 11 o'clock, mid 1 o'clock and treble at 2 o'clock. Bright switch on, Deep off, compressor off and main volume about 9 o'clock (barely on, but still deafening) and Kemper into the Active input, because I'll be using an 18v Status with it. The trouble with this amp (such as there is), is that there's so much clean headroom, you have to dime the settings to get any kind of grit.

I'm going to take further more standard setting profiles over the next few week, time allowing, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm happy to try them and upload. I know there's not many of these amps about, but was quite surprised that there was no profile already, and they're a phenomenal-sounding head.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/ri…load/8IFuHxMsDKwxdJsvyqHW