Posts by ggiunta

Hello, I've searched the forum, and could not find an answer for this. If I want to play along with a recording on my computer (previous to the direct USB/reamping update), I had my computer connected as an AUX input. Now with the direct USB, I can play music through my studio monitors, however, it also plays through the cab when the power amp is turned on. I thought I knew how to disconnect it so the music only plays through the monitors (not the cab), but have not been able to figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

I did the upgrade last night, and interestingly I have a similar issue. I tend to jam to music I have on my PC. Normally the music audio comes out of my PC speakers, and stereo, and I play that way. Kemper audio out to Power Kabinet.

Now, when I power up the Kemper, the PC audio is coming out of the Power Kabinet. The PC and stereo no audio, and both PC music and guitar sound coming out of Kabinet. Ill try to figure it out, Im sure its a simple setting. But if anyone has suggestions please let me know?

The Kemper is a non powered Rack. It is interfaced with my PC via USB so I can use rig manager.

Thanks in advance.

GG

Thanks the profiler is back online. I’ll do my best to clarify what happened. And I appreciate your quick responses.

1. I upgraded the firmware to latest version, rebooted.

2. I upgraded rig manager to latest version.

3. At first it was fine, while playing all of a sudden, without touching anything, the sound changed to a very compressed, muffled sound. Difficult to describe, but various profiles sounded

horrible.

4. I began to try different rigs, profiles and they all sounded bad. Some profiles, rigs, produced no sound output at all. The output LED was blinking as I played but nothing was coming out. I did verify the output source of the MONITOR OUT (Master Mono). I unfortunately did not try "Init Globals", this is a step I should have tried, but wasn’t aware of. I didn’t do the headphone test either. I restarted the profiler, no change, sound was muffled. Also forgot to mention, when problems started, in addition to muffled sound, when I hit a string on guitar, there was a delay to actual sound output of about 1 second.

5. It was at this point I did factory reset, and the profiler was restored with 1 profile CRUNCH, and at this point the profiler was working fine. Audio was normal

6. Upgraded firmware to latest version, rebooted. Deleted Rig manager on PC, and reinstalled to latest version.

7. Profiler at this stage was fine. Rig manager is now connected. I have loaded up factory preset profiles, and everything is working. I just need to load up a few saved profiles I have.

Please note: I do use the "return" on my effect loop and the guitar input of the head I'm using. I’ve been using this config for about 2 years now, and Ive never had tech issues. I am near term looking to use powered speakers for the Kemper, currently shopping around. For now, I’m using this head, and I’ve never had issues until this last upgrade. I also have a guitar interface into my PC (a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6), I have tried to get this to work so I can play into PC, and hear sound from monitors, but I haven’t been able to get this to work yet, (A little tech challenged on this part ) This is why I’m currently using my amp. Any insight you can share would be great! Are there powered speakers you can recommend?

Thanks again for your help.
    Gary G

It was really all messed up at one point, I checked output it was set to Master Mono
    I ended up doing a factory reset. Its back up now and working. I have 1 profile crunch.
    Im trying to update the firmware via Rig manager but its hung on "scanning for profilers". Im not concerned about the lost profiles I have them saved on a hard drive, but I would liek to get this back up completely.

Right now I'm playing the non powered profiler into an Egnater tube head clean channel, just to jam in my house. I may use it for live performance somewhere down the road. I know I can get so much more out of this. Any advice would be appreciated. I Also plan on writing and recording and would like to ultimately interface this with my PC. I haven't gotten that far yet. Any tips you have would be welcome. Id love to hear how the community has it set up.
    Thanks