Posts by rpierpont

There are some really good videos on YouTube that I used back in January when I borrowed a friend’s Stage to play with. I don’t remember them off-hand but it wasn’t a difficult search. Kemper has good videos and i also watched a few user videos that were excellent. I figured it out in no time and was doing all of my setup with the Stage because I didn’t have Rig Manager. It really wasn’t that bad. Good luck!

Welcome! I am also a life long tube amp lover - specifically Mesa Boogie and even more so the Mark IV. I did a lot of research leading up to me finally purchasing a Stage which finally came last week.

This thing is amazing! Even before I found some Mark IV profiles, I was blown away with how this thing sounds and feels! The Stage is non-powered, so right now I am running it into the effects return of a cheap Crate Powerblock into my classic oversized Boogie 4x12 cabinet. By bypassing the preamp of the PB, I’m simply leveraging a clean power amp. It is hard to tell the difference from my Mark IV rack rig! The biggest difference will be felt when I’m loading in and out and have traded over 110lbs for 7lbs. I am also looking at getting a powered wedge and using that as my personal monitor on stage and running the Stage direct to the venue’s system.

I do plan on profiling my Mark IV, but for now, I’m having a blast playing through this thing! Well done, Kemper!

My Stage came in on time this morning and is amazing! I plugged into my laptop running the latest rig manager and it automatically updated to the latest OS VERY easily! I had no connectivity issues with my Stage at all! After it finished the first reboot after the upgrade, I simply double clicked on a performance I had created on a friend’s Kemper back in January and there it was instantly waiting for me on the Stage.

Can’t wait to play some more with it!

Sweetwater called me last Thursday and said they came in and would ship out that day. When I completed the order I also added on the over-priced carrying bag for the Stage. They shipped Fedex Express and there was a box waiting for me when I got home. Problem was that the box only had the carrying bag. I wasn’t able to get in touch with my sales guy until today. Some sort of mix up with a new warehouse. The good news is that the replacement was shipped Fedex Priority and will be here by 10:30a tomorrow!! Looks like the long wait is finally over!

After my ordeal with the dishonest practices at Guitar Center, I didn’t trust going through MF since they are also owned by GC. I’m not willing to accept a broken return as “new” ever again. So now it appears that I just need to be patient.

In other news... I’m very happy to hear that these are manufactured completely in Germany! I have a feeling that the Stage sales demands are way higher than forecasted and manufacturing just wasn’t geared up for this kind of crazy demand.

Cool! I hope it does ship quickly. Sam Ash thought they had some coming in last Friday, but now Kemper is telling them that it won’t happen until the end of March. Sweetwater gave me a similar time frame. It looks like I’ll be waiting a few more weeks.

I spoke with someone at the Kemper store last week and they said they probably wouldn’t have them for a couple of months - which is the same story I’m hearing from Sweetwater and Sam Ash. I had purchased one from Guitar Center, but apparently they don’t mind selling returns that are broken. “We can’t tell the difference in our inventory”. So I won’t go back to them. Plus, they are out of new ones too.

In general, you want to keep your input signal higher in order to avoid noise. You don’t want to overdrive the input to your amp device, but set the output of your Kemper as high as you can without clipping.

They are very difficult to come by in the US. I recommend placing an order with Sam Ash or Sweetwater to get yourself in the queue. I’m waiting on mine to hopefully arrive next week.

Good luck!