Posts by toddconboy

So I've turned the software monitoring off and that seems to have done the trick! but now I'm experiencing this weird sizzle noise that completely changes the sound for a brief period. kind of like there's some weird alien interfering with the sound lol. Is this normal? Again thanks guys for all the help!

Hey guys very much appreciate the help/advice. I think I may have partially worked out the problem. Basically when I load up logic I can hear the Kemper straight away and then when I create a channel strip with the spdif input selected the sound seems to worsen. So i think I'm getting some weird kind of phase cancellation I just cant seem to work out how I turn this off in logic? Also to detail my setup bit more I have an spdif cable going straight from my kemper into my focusrite 6i6 then directly into my mac then into logic pro x. Do You guys have any advice on any settings I should change or anything I can do to get the best representation of the kempers sound in logic?

Again much appreciate the help! and i'm proud to be a part of the Kemper community its starting to reveal itself to be a pretty awesome group of users all sharing and helping each other out and i think that's awesome :)

So I've just got my Kemper finally after months of wanting one and I'm blown away by what it can do.

My main aim is to record with it (the main reason I got one because I live in a populated area) but i feel like the sound I'm getting isn't as good as it is with my headphones plugged straight into the Kemper as it is in logic... it looses its body and richness. I decided to use the spdif input on my focusrite 6i6 as it avoids and analogue to digital conversion, can anyone help me work out exactly why this is happening? is it then spdif cable I'm using do i need to invest in a better one?

all help is mutely appreciated thank you

todd :)