Posts by antihero1345

I’m curious what plugins you all use when running your Kempers into your DAWs. I have been running my main XLR left output, with output setting set to master mono, into a focusrite 8i6 input and setting the input to “line”. That then goes into Reaper.

My question is what general plugins should I use in the DAW to make it sound as clear as playing live through a PA? Should I add any EQ or low pass/high pass filters for the DAW? The sound I currently get is not as great as plugging headphones directly into the Kemper or running the Kemper into a headrush/FRFR speaker. There’s something I need to do with the DAW to make it sound good. I’m currently using Neural DSP plugins for my guitar tones in the DAW but I feel like the Kemper should beat the neural stuff and I’m just not cleaning up the Kemper signal properly. A lot of bands I like use Kemper in the studio as well and I wish I knew what plugins they used to make the tone so clear and crisp. I mainly play heavy metal, downtuned stuff. Thanks for all your help in advance!

Nice rigs, guys. I used to run my Kemper into the FX return of a 5150, which tapped the power section wide open without control of power amp volume, so I was limited to just controlling output volume on the Kemper and that was around -32 to -29 Db for gig volume. But I recently got a Synergy SYN 50 50 and run the Kemper at -13 and adjust level on PA, usually at 11 o’clock in the bridged mono mode. Interesting power amp, only a single unit rack space and is 100 watts 6L6 power.

I was curious what other Kemper users, with unpowered units, set their line out/monitor out level to, when going into a tube power amp . I’ve experimented running the Kemper output higher, like -13 db and adjusting the level on the power amp, but recently experimented with running the power amp wide open at noon and adjusting the Kemper level to the desired volume. Both sound good but I think the latter is my current preference. What do you guys do?