Posts by Matt BS

Guys, thank you so much indeed!! nejo_hh , interesting method!!

I’ve finally find out! I tried both ways. I obtained some good results by checking the “MP transforme” box of voxengo deconvolver and without “reversed technique”. no more hissssssing sound and more natural response.

By following the Bommel method, combining what nejo_hh suggested I think I got the best results though! Probably, bypassing the deconvolve step made everything work fine for me...

so, for Mac users, going without voxengo deconvolver can surely be worth a try!

thank you so much again ya all for the support and helping me solving the issue! Happy kempering ??

Lobsta  Bommel : guys, first of all thank you so much for your reply and your fast advices! appreciate a lot?? here some updates:

I tried to import the IR file in a daw ampsim, as lobsta suggested. Got a horrible sound. Therefore, the kemper (profile or the cab creation) has nothing to do with the matter. I also checked the deconvolver settings, and they matched. I always let a couple of seconds of silence after the sweep as I exported it.

As the matched sound in the daw is fine (kemper without cab module and the matching eq plug-in, no IR), I guess I am doing something wrong in the export / deconvolving process.

I’m going to give a try soon with 96khz and a longer sweep as bommel suggests, and perhaps changing the export process in logic (maybe I shouldn’t “bounce” the track, but export it as a stem or something...). I’ll let you know!!

Hi ya all! First of all thanks so much Bommel for the very useful guide! I'am having some probs creating matching cab IRs though, but I'm sure you guys can help :) I am following the 1-10 steps guide, partially using logic (project settings: 44.1/24):

• First, I recorded in a logic project the same riff of a isolated reference track using my Kemper, with a similar amp DI/Direct profile with cab module off, sounding horrible as it should, as described by Bommel ;)
    • Then I matched the eq of the two tracks using logic "Macth eq" plugin (it does more or less the same thing as Izotope). I could get a pretty accurate sound in logic. So far, so good.
    • Like suggested at point 8 of the guide, with a windows computer I generated a voxengo deconvolver .wav sweep file (30seconds, 44.1 / 24), which I copied and imported in the track with the active match EQ plugin in logic.
    • At this point I bounced the region of the sweep (without playing any other track and letting a couple of seconds of silence at the end of the region) as .wav file
    • I copied and loaded the .wav file in voxengo, and click "process". Then I loaded the voxengo generated file in the preset folder of the kemper, being able to use it as a cab (cab maker is not necessary anymore, according to the new system updates).

What I get is a very high/mid high frequency fizzy sound lacking practically all the bass frequencies though, nothing compared to the good sounding intermediate result in the daw. I am sure I doing something wrong, but so far I gave a couple of try using a different profiles or using a longer / shorter voxengo sweep file, but without succeeding...

So, thank you in advance for your advices, appreciate a lot your support!