Posts by Danielevansrocks

Hi

Iv had the Kemper for some time and I have always had a couple of issues with it.

I have always found it all very mid heavy in particular to hi-mids, in either recording or through power amps and cabinet, and I can't seem to dial it out with the equalisers supplied.

I have all the out puts set as they should be for my set ups (I believe)

ie. Main out set to Master Stereo, Monitor out Master Stereo (I use wireless IEMs), pure cab off, Kone off as I don't own one.

Setting the monitor outs to different settings also alters the main output sound.

I have two lots of setups in the Kemper, one for live with the cabs removed and the second for recording with cabs on.

Live I use the Kemper

Kemper - Seymour Duncan power stage 700 stereo - into 1 or 2 Engl PVB pros.

Recording I use the Kemper

Kemper stereo out - Zoom R24 - Apple Mac via Logic.

Monitors are Makie or Shure SRH1840

Also.

When I engage the effects section (as a whole and not individual effects) it alters the tone again.

Iv been reading that I could have downloaded a corrupted file possibly, the last tones downloaded were from STL, and they have analysed it and even said they can hear this and have no idea.

I have tried the common factory reset and this has not helped.

I have attached a recording for you to hear what I am talking about, its not mastered and was a raw track sent to me for a touring band for audition.

It is frustrating as I went to from Line6 Helix to Kemper thinking this would be the answer, and the system is fantastic but is becoming frustrating now.

I have logged this with support, so hopefully they will be able to advise as support have always been fantastic as have the forum users.

Can you help me please?

Hi all

I am wondering what you all use for global hi and low cuts.

Any advice please.

Im using the kemper (rack) like this.

Kemper

Seymour Duncan powerstage 700

Engl PVB pro vertical 2x12 (vintage 30s)

All, could I ask you for your opinion.

I want to set up my Kemper for live use, my live setup is, kemper - Marshall 9200 stereo - Engl 2x12 with vintage 30s.

I don't have the luxury of setting it all up at gigging volumes, and hate Tring to do it on the stage.

So my question is, how close would it be if I went direct into a set of monitors etc, and found a similar sounding or corresponding IRs, and set it up with backing tracks, live tracks etc.

Do you think it would be close?

And would you use professional studio monitors.

Thank you all.

Hi all.

I am sure this has been asked a million times, but I can't find a diffintive answer.

I basically use the same effects for each rig.

Is there a way to save my stomps once and assign them to the foot Controller, then have them that way for every rig?

Thanks all.

Welcome to the forum! Regarding the "signal chain" question, are you running the beta software? If not, you can get it on support/downloads page. You'll need the latest beta for both the profiler and rig manager.

Worked a treat, thank you so much dude

Hi all.

Thought I would introduce myself.

I am Daniel from Essex in the UK, iv been play for a while and have (as of last Friday) made the swap from Line 6 helix to the Kemper.

Im so pleased that I did.

All my information is below, although it needs to be updated, but to be honest, I have been too busy playing with the Kemper to find time to do it.

A quick question if I may - I am obviously running all the latest OS's on a IMac running Mac OS Catalina, but when the rig manager is open, it dose not open with the ability to edit the signal chain etc, am I doing something wrong.

Well I look forward to speaking with you all, uploading rigs, and helping where I can.

Thanks all ;)