Posts by Cannonball

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Despite having the Kemper for a year, I have never tried reamping, now that the USB feature is available, Im just wondering how would I go about reamping with this feature.

Any help appreciated

The only reason why I asked is that I was looking to capture some of the tones from Neural Rabea which are synth-based. I was looking to see what issues I might have with capturing a synth-based guitar tone and then using it through the Kemper. I have loads of quality tones from different companies but this is a bit different. I probably should have stressed that from the start but I was looking for advice in general for copying Neural plugins but specifically Rabea's synth-based tones. Thanks for any help, and this may clear some of the nonsense up.

Wow guys, thanks for all of the help!!! Really appreciated it, especially regarding some of the comments that followed. In return, I will offer a little advice. Alot is not a word, it's a lot. Also voila should be voilá. Thanks for being really dismissive.

Hi folks,

I really apologise in advance if this has been covered somewhere but I have been unable to find it. I am a noob. I have never captured an amp as I do not have any access to them. However, I would like to capture some of the tones from my Neural DSP plugins. Can anyone provide me with a step by step guide on how do do that, what I should and shouldn't do, and any pitfalls to watch out for?

Thanks for any information.

Thanks, guys, to be honest, I have not tried the Kemper with the BX8a's, the main reason being that they are quite loud for the room that I am in. I have really only used my computer speakers or through my amp with cab section switched off, I am looking to get the best out of the Kemper so I think I will go with your advice. Thanks so much.

Hi folks,

I hope some of you more experienced guys can help. I have already searched through numerous posts here and elsewhere about this and I am still undecided. I am a bedroom guitarist, I jam and do a bit of recording, really only for myself. I am a teacher, so time is always an issue in terms of practice, recording, and really getting to know gear. I play metal, djent, and some ambient stuff. My questions is:

Should I get a Kemper Kabinet, an FRFR, or buy some good studio monitors?

I currently have a set of M-Audio BX8a's studio monitors which I don't use when playing the Kemper. I actually use some Logitech THX computer speakers. The sound is somewhat enjoyable but I know I'm not getting a real experience.

Can anyone give some advice on what they think might be a suitable option?

Thanks again, this is a great community to be part of.

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate the info. I have it connected with the Monitor Out of the Kemper into the FX and knocked both the Cab and the EQ buttons off, so I hope this is right. However, when I went to connect the 2 S/PDIF cables from the Kemper to my SSL2+ interface, I got no sound coming through the DAW. I checked both rates from Kemper and DAW matched and checked that I had S/PDIF master on and turned up. I had to revert back to just using 1/4 jacks into the interface to get sound through the Kemper into my DAW.

Thanks, guys, your knowledge is very much appreciated. Getting over the setup period is always a hurdle but you guys have helped a lot.

I have a powered Kemper.

The amp I am using is a Randall RG200 G3 . I am not entirely certain whether it is mono or stereo. You can now tell that I have quite limited knowledge of this stuff.

When I am setting up, I take it I click on output, and then tick Monitor Cab Off, is this correct?

Hi folks, I have just purchased a Kemper and I'm really looking forward to being part of this great community. It looks like an awesome machine and I'm really looking forward to messing around with the great tones. Can I ask for some advice. I know this will have probably been asked a hundred times but I want to make sure I am doing things right from the get-go. At present, I only have a Randall combo amp. Can you answer these few questions?

1. Should I connect the Kemper to my combo via the left and right on the main output to the effects loop on the back of the amp for the best sound or should I go with the monitor output?

2. When connecting to the interface should I go again with the left/right option on the main output to inputs 1 and 2 in the interface or go with the two s/pdif cables?

3. In both options above, should I turn the cab and eq buttons off?

4. Should I turn these off directly from the buttons or from the menu?

5. How do I turn off cabs from the menu?

6. Which FRFR bab should I get. Is the Kemper Kabinet the best?

Thanks again in advance for any response to these questions, they will be greatly appreciated.