Posts by Ryan23

Hi,

I have a gigs coming up where they are hiring a Kemper for me to use. I have a powerhead with the performances I need, saved from rig manager to my desktop.

Should it be a case of plugging in the hired unit (not sure whether it will be (head/rack/stage) and dragging the performances across to it using rig manager? Will my rig manager will recognise the hired unit?

Thanks,

Ryan

I’ve lost the mains cable that came with my PowerHead. I’m UK based, can I use any alternative mains cable with the unit or does it need to be the same type of 13A cable that was provided? Thanks

Here you go, Mike wrote:

“NY is my notation for my friend Jeff McErlain, who lives in NYC and sent me his favorite settings of that amp so I ran those profiles with his settings for him to use on recording.

The F is indeed FET and I thought the B stood for bright, but it is possible it was for bass… I would have to consult some notes if I have any.”

Does anyone know what the ‘NY’ stands for on the Too Rocky CRS Profiles included in this pack?

I’m assuming that ‘F’ is FET toggle engaged and ‘B’ is the bass toggle engaged?

These profiles are awesome, as is most of the rest of this pack.

Ah, good point. Yes, I’ve turned it off and it seems to make a difference. The unit doesn’t get as hot generally.

Would that have been the reason for the unit getting hot? Even though I was using the Main Output and the Monitor Output?

Thanks

The power amp in the PowerHead has a heat protection circuit. Does anyone know if the unpowered Main Outputs and Monitor Output also has one? My unit omits varying degrees of heat depending on the output I'm using.......it sometimes gets quite hot. Thanks

Thanks Burkhard. Given the Power Amp seems to be working fine it looks like I got away with it.......There doesn't seem to be any damage. Could there be any partially damaged or any anything like that?

Not my cables........was a slightly dodgy venue......didn't realise until halfway through the set when the signal was cutting out and wasn't able to switch them!

I agree, chuck them immediately........but there is no risk danger in damaging anything at the KPA end is there?

Cheers

Thanks! The Line 6 was just some ropey house amp so I'm not bothered about that!

As long as I haven't damaged the KPA. I'm guessing I'd know about it if I blew the Power Amp? I assuming it either goes or it doesn't, it's not really a gradual thing?

Hi,

I recently purchased the Kemper Powerhead.

I absentmindedly plugged the Speaker Output of the Kemper into a 'Line6 Spider' Guitar Amplifier. This was for a brief period and I only played very briefly through it before realising my error. I'm worried I may have damaged the Power Amp / Speaker Output.

I have subsequently plugged the Speaker Output to an unpowered Cabinet and things seem fine but I've not used the Speaker Output before and I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking out for with regards to damage.

Also, will using damaged XLR/Jack leads on the Monitor Output and Main Output potentially damage these outputs? This happened to me on a show recently and it was out of my control to resolve the situation.

Many thanks