Posts by joanesinu

If it's caused by the conversion it should be constant. Do you see changes within the same take?

The processed and the git studio takes are always the same take. The phases have nothing alike with each other. In some places I can just invert the phase and go on, in other places I can leave it like that and my doubt is if I can do something to match the phase 100%, with some aftermarket plugin or in the daw. Because I guess the kemper hasn't got any functionality related to this.

1. You can't record Git Analog via S/PDIF, what you get is Git Studio.

2. Git Analog would always be faster cause it skips the entire Kemper AD/DSP/DA chain.

3. Git Studio should be faster as well because it skips the entire DSP (Stomps, Stack, Effects) chain.

4. You don't need to fix this if you record DI only for the purpose of re-amping.

5. In your case I guess you want to mix Bass and Bass DI ... here you should align either by dragging the events accordingly or by using the Track Delay function (milliseconds) in Cubase.

Yeah I meant Git Studio. The purpose is to mix both tracks in mono, so I have to align the tracks. I will check the Track Delay function thanks.

New Jet City 100HDM profiles. The number indicates the settings and the letters D and M means Direct and Merged. Different flavours. My favourite is the 02, really cutting thru the mix and I like it better for recording.

Hope you like it.

Another profile added. My main distorsion sound. The amp is a Jet City 100HDM which is a replica of a Soldano Hot Rod 100 PLus. I replaced all the tubes with new ones and adjusted the bias. It's sounding at it's best.

This profile sounded a little dark at first so I put 2+ on treble. Everything else is by default.

Next time I will try again with the same settings but with a little more highs... I will take the head sound too and make a merged profile with my new kemper DI BOX.

Greetings.

I recorded a video.

Is this normal? The noise is very loud. The guitar doesn't make that noise and it wasn't a ground loop.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hello,

I tried to profile my Jet City 100HDM (Soldano Hot Rod+ circuit) and when the send cable from the kemper it's plugged in the amp while i'm in the main profiling menu (1st step), it makes a lot of noise with the guitar volume at 0. If I unplug the input cable on the amp it's dead quiet. If I plug directly the guitar it's dead quiet.

It's not a ground loop, I tried that and made even more noise when lifted.

Is this normal?

Hello, just to make the point.

I bought the Palmer PAN 01 and tried yesterday making some direct profiles. The signal soundwise was darker than the real one, so I had problems merging profiles because the resultant merged profiles were darker than the studio ones.

I will return the palmer and buy some other brand.

See you.

Hello,

I'm just here to announce my profiles. Today I profiled 2 outstanding amps.

The first one is an original Fender Bandmaster Blackface from 1965 played thru a George 2x12 cab with VOX labeled greenbacks in it from the 90's.

The second one is a VOX AC30/6 TB from the 90's, made in the Korg era in the Marshall factory. In my opinion, this is the best reissue of the AC30 to date, in terms of sound.

Both were recorded with a Sennheiser e906 on te centre of the cone, nothing special.

The sound is in the edge of breakup, the profiles are very versatile. The dynamics are really good. If you tweak the gain you can achieve amazing cleans, to really good rock n' roll tones. They take effects very well too. The bandmaster has only a reverb by default and the AC30 has a treble booster, lead booster, tremolo and delay and reverb. By default, only the reverb is on, but try enabling those, and you will see what i'm talking about!

I made the direct profiles too but the quality wasn't enough and by now I will put only the studio ones.

I hope you enjoy this profiles!! I will make more as soon as I can. You can download both from rig exchange.

Greetings!

But that's exactly how creating a merged profile works. All other ways don't give you the correct result. Which doesn't mean you couldn't get something interesting out it but the real split needs those two profiles. And it's not a complicated algorithm which needs a lot of calculation because you already have the exact amp part.

That's the problem. You know it is the same amp, but the kemper doesn't. It will do the same than copying a cab from any rig to another rig, being different amps. As far as I know, merging works exactly the same.

But if it were a way to tell kemper they are the same amp, same settings, the merging would be much more accurate.

Ok I see, the kemper always uses the algorithm to split a studio profile. I thought the point of merging was just to avoid that, but it seems not.

My idea of "Dual Profiling" wouldn't be restricted by hardware. I am talking about profiling the two sounds separately, one after the other, using Profiling twice but not at the same time. Just the same as we do now, but while kemper knows they are the same amp and settings and it can split perfectly the studio profile without the algorithm.

Anyways, thanks for the info.

Greetings.

as far as I am aware that’s exact what it does. the order in which you select the two portions shouldn’t matter as long as the merge function knows to subtract the correct one.

So, are you telling me, if I copy a cab from Profile 1 (Studio), and want to paste into Profile 2 (Direct out), the kemper is actually copying the profile 2 amp overwriting the profile 1 amp section, but while it is in the profile 2 Rig Slot?

That way I still don't get how the kemper knows where to divide de studio profile 1 in two parts, the amp and the cab section.

Also, when you are creating a merged profile, Kemper doesn't know the 2 used rigs are the same amp, so again, how does he divide the studio profile?

It's more of a logycal question more than anything...

In my opinion, the profiling feature needs a totally new mode in which you can save the 2 parts of the same amp (PROFILING TWICE, creating the studio and direct out of the same exact setup at once). This way the kemper knows the 2 sounds are from the exact same amp and settings, and he can divide or cut the studio profile perfectly, in order to create the exact amp and cab profiles.

Hello,

I've been thinking about this.

In the moment you select copy on the Cabinet section, how does the profiler know which part of the studio profile was just cabinet to copy???

For me, the logical procedure would be to copy the direct profile amp section, and copy it into the studio profile amp section. This way the profiler knows the amp sound source and he has already the final result, so, STUDIO STACK - DIRECT AMP = CABINET exact profile.

Does anyone thought about this?

Greetings.

My idea is to use that DI box between the head and the cab, but having both connected, so the current and power can go to the speakers like normal connection and the DI just "listens" what is coming thru it.

I already bought it, in the Palmer website they rate the power handling to speaker level so I think it will be ok.

I will post here as soon as I test it.

Thanks for the tips.

Hello,

I want to make merged profiles profiling the amp itself from the cones and also the amp head direct out.

I don't know how I can get the amp speaker output signal into the kemper, because that cable has an electrical load...

It could be posible to use this DI box betwen the head and the cab? This way I can get an XLR signal. But I don't know if this DI boxes are designed to get a loaded signal like the speaker out from an amp head...

Thanks for the info.