Posts by brettofthejungle

Ah ok. You also asked for a solution for the head. This is without drilling any holes into the head afaik.

I just re-read your reply. Interesting. I did not realize that those were intended to go in the back of the camper itself. I thought they were to cut a hole in the cabinet and install there. Well now that is much more interesting and I will look further into this. Thanks!

Can't help you with the Power Stage, but did you have a look at the stuff from Ritter Amps? https://shop.ritteramps.de/en/3-camplifier

I think that's what you are asking for.

yeah I’ve seen those. Very cool, but I’d rather not cut a hole in the Kabinet if it can be avoided nor spend the money. I also like the PS170. More

Hoping for a way to mount that on the Kabinet if possible. Double sided tape or something…

Hi all,

After a few years with a stage, I just changed it up to a non-powered head and remote. Stage is great, but I prefer not having to bend down to the floor every time I want to change something, and I don’t gig.

Anyway, I have a Seymour Duncan power stage 170. It used to sit nice and square on top of the Kabinet. Now the head sits there and there isn’t really a great spot for the amp. Has anyone had any success mounting this amp or similar either onto the Kabinet, or maybe even onto the back of the Kemper head itself in some way?

thanks

Brett

Hi all,

Thanks for the great comments. So eventually I decided to open it up and see what I could find.

I pulled the speaker and couldn't find any noticeable tears or other damage. I did jiggle the connections a little bit.

In any case, once I put it back together, the issue was gone! Speaker works perfectly now.

Greg, to your comments, I did verify that this issue was not present through headphones and even a separate speaker. I also ensured there was no noise gate active.

In the end, I don't think I'll ever know for certain what was causing it, but I do have one speculative theory:

As mentioned in my initial post, Kemper is, in my opinion, shipping these items overseas without sufficient corrosion protection. No sealed bags, no desiccant, just a cardboard box and unsealed plastic. These likely spend weeks in a shipping container, potentially on open cargo decks. It's possible that it was a slight big of corrosion on the connectors similar to what I found in the first Profiler Stage I ordered...

Thanks again.

Hi all,

Would love to get some thoughts from the community on this issue I'm having with a brand new Kabinet.

I would first like to say, I am new to Kemper, and bought the Profiler Stage about 2 months ago. I ordered from sweetwater, and the first unit I received was defective. The foot switches were intermittent, and after 2 days barely working at all. I peeked inside and saw that the springs were covered in rust. A friend of mine posted about it on this forum. I exchanged it and the one I have now is fine, although I was a bit surprised they didn't put some sort of desiccant inside?

Anyway, fast forward to now and I ordered a Kabinet and an SD Power Stage 170 to power it (I was previously playing through a home stereo). Played at normal or loud volume it sounds mostly fine if a little gritty, but here's the thing: At low volume (I mean soft playing, not volume knob down), there is a clear vibration (think gritty) that should not be there (low gain amp profile). Also, if you hit a string softly, once the note starts to die out, it suddenly cuts out, almost as if it was affected by a noise gate....but there is no noise gate on.

Now I tried a few things to troubleshoot:

- I connected the SD amp to the speaker in my Fender Blues Jr. with the same KPA settings: It sounded fine and did not exhibit the behavior above.

- I connected the Blues Jr. AMP to the Kabinet.... it DID exhibit the behavior above...

- I connected the KPA and SD amp to the Kabinet and played at maximum volume (holy S**t!) for a few minutes thinking this might "break it in"....still does it.

Anyone have any ideas? Did I get another dud from Kemper? Man I will be pissed if so!

Thanks for your help!

Brett