Posts by dubnessIII

You really need an audio interface for anything like that. A small usb mixer would be another choice, but that would likely only record in mono (which might be fine for you).

If you’re just not wanting an audio interface...Your comp might have a combo headphone/mic input jack on it, and if it does, you can run mono out of the kemper to that as an input source. This will take at least one cable adapter though, and is not an ideal setup, but it should work.

However, if you’re going to be recording music for any purpose for the foreseeable future, an audio interface is a must have. If nothing else, then for the ease of recording.

When I try to update to the latest version of Rig Manager, it goes through the normal update process, but it remains in the old version. Currently running 3.0 and now I can't use the editor because my profiler is running 7.2.2. Not sure what to do from here.

I had a very similar experience about a week ago. I bought the powerrack and a Celestion F12-X200 to put in an Avatar cab that I had. I couldn't wait to play and experience what everyone was saying about the Kemper. Set it all up, and was pretty underwhelmed at first, but I didn't want to admit it. Switched out the speaker back to my G12H that was in the cab before, turned cabs off, and I had that moment too. I'm still consistently blown away by the tone, feel, and flexibility with this thing. Some people may like the F12-X200, but it just wasn't for me. Welcome!!

New kemper user here, and I must thank everyone in the forum because I’ve learned quite a bit browsing the boards. Love my new PowerRack, and it’ll be nice to have this resource available! Here’s my unit (after a knob mod)