Posts by grandma moses

I want to use the Kemper into an FRFR via the main outs.

Left or right or doesn't matter?

Read some comments here and people went like 'use the monitor out and switch this and this to that'...but I specifically want to connect with a single XLR to my FRFR without going into the church PA. I do get some fine sound out of it using the left one, so that's what I'll do without assistance, I just need some audiophile to tell me that I don't loose anything by just plugging into the left main out without switching any output in the Kemper as I'm simply not quite sure if this is the correct way.

You know, just to be super safe.

Thanks for your help, guys, have a nice day!

Thanks a thousand times for the replies, guys! Appreciate it!

And maybe the crux of it all is that FRFR can't deliver the fullness and warmth of 4x12. Shame I do not own a powered Kemper and so this option won't be one for me to test. I did try it using our gear for small venues ( think LD Maui ) and felt that it sounded somewhat equal to the FRFR, but the 4x12 cab and its recording via mic being the main culprit for this live tone makes so much sense to me now.

That said, the distortion from them is not what I would call amazing at all, I'm more satisfied with the results my Kemper produces than with the live tone on that one. But the cleans, oh the cleans...

Do you guys reckon that a 4x12 cab has more influence on a clean tone than it does on a distorted one? I'd say around 70% of songs I get to play are either clean or have a bit of hair, so I might be better off looking for a powered Kemper for my needs, simple as that.

Thanks again for your answers!

Hey guys, I got what I would call somewhat of a stupid question as what I'm searching for is leagues below the last rig I looked for, playing-wise and on the technical side.

But everytime I hear Reel Big Fish, I'm amazed by Aaron's live guitar tone. It's so simple, yet so full and warm - not a bad feat for a tone that only exists on upstrokes.

My example to listen to would be something like this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And now the age-old question: How would you recreate this tone on the Kemper? I can see a Marshall 4x12 on stage, but I couldn't find anything on his gear on the first two pages of Google, so I thought - why not ask you guys that know way more about everything than I do.

I mean, it sounds like one amp into one cab, plus some distortion pedal along the way. Maybe some high-pass? Whatever, I want it. The clean tone, that is. The distortion isn't my cup of tea. And if I do the 'normal' thing for this sort of tone, that is tweaking a Twin Reverb and using my Les Paul coil split, it does not come close.

Hey guys, Kemper owner for a very short time now.

I guess I ran against the usual roadblock of having too much stuff on my Profiler. I just gobbled up every free Profile Pack and everything that interested me from the Rig Manager Packs and now I am where I am, namely at 932 profiles.

I try to listen to them and play through them for like a minute or so at a time, I plan on favoriting the ones I like and then deleting all the other stuff. But yeah, right now, it's a big, hot mess.

My questions on that process are fairly simple, but I feel I need them answered to be able to comfortably delete any profile from there:

1. If I like a profile, should I keep all the other profiles of the same series, that profile the same amp, just with different gain settings ( as in

profilename 1, profilename 2, profilename 3 etc )? Do you guys actually use your Kemper like that, kicking in a higher gain setting profile for a

lead, or do you just stick the usual Tubescreamer / Boost in the effect chain?

2. Do I actually have a chance of comparing that many profiles or is the plan just way too ambitious? As in, should I just buy one pack from one

profiler that I seem to like via Youtube listenings and use them, and maybe do the whole profile comparison thing when I've worked a bit more

with the unit and 'know what I'm doing', so to speak. Because at the moment it feels like a very big mountain, if you know what I mean.

Apologies if this isn't the thread for questions like that. Thanks for reading, have a nice day.