Posts by Mookytc

I heard Ted Nugent's amp in room sound and it was deafening! =O I believe it was the loudest sound I ever heard in my life.

My first concert was Nugent and the original solo line up (as a headliner). Thirteen rows back directly in front of Ted. My hearing has been damaged ever since. Loud is not the proper word to describe.

For Sale: Kemper Profiler PowerHead 600W Amp Head with Remote & Kabinet

Purchased the head with remote from Musician's Friend back in 02/2020. The Kabinet (non-powered) was purchased from the Kemper USA store in 8/2020. This is version 1 of the Kabinet. The remote has never been used and is still in the same box it arrived in.

The gear is in mint condition. The Kabinet exterior is clean as can be. The rig never left my non smoking, pet free house.

Seeking to sell both as a combo to start but if the ad sits a bit would be willing to break it up. Asking:

Head & Remote: $2299.

Kabinet: $399.

Total: $2698.

Paypal for payment and will ship FedEx ground to the continental USA (only). I have shipped many amps via FedEx and have very good luck with them. In an attempt to sweeten the deal a bit with a Kemper forum reader - member I will split the shipping with you. Pay for the gear via paypal and I will ship. Will then photo copy the receipts and you pay half.

Not seeking trades for these items. Feel free to message with any questions. Thank you.

Dave

Just reading the New Guitar Player Kiss edition and it says Ace Frehley’s band are using Marshall Cabs and Kemper Profilers loaded with MBritt’s excellent vintage Marshall profiles. Not sure exactly which ones thoug.

Nice and good detective work!!! Will check out the magazine as well (thx for the tip)!

I am no profiling expert but earlier attempts to capture my amps were pretty lame. Fast forward a year or so I used a Suhr Reactive load (non IR) and ran the signal into a Focusrite 2i4 > Reaper > various IR's > back into the Kemper.

Thought the captures came out pretty good really. I almost gave up on the Suhr but the Pete Thorn video stressed the use of a XLR - TRS balanced line - cable. I used the cable to get good IR tones (just amp into audio device then DAW). It was then I took it one step further and profiled a couple of amps with decent results.

There should be some members here who can assist with your captures (notice IR's are used in their profiles). Wish I could help but as stated I am no profiling guru. Good luck!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Are you using any of the beta releases? In my mind I experienced something a bit similar but with me could have been all in my head (meaning imagination). I set my sound settings to default (with a reset) and took a snap shot of that configuration.

Unchecked beta releases which rolled back my Kemper to the official release. Turned some knobs and all has been fine since. Again could have been all in my head but worth a try (especially if betas are being used).

There do not seem like other reports of this in the forum but worth a shot for piece of mind.

Thanks Mookytc and Wheresthedug. The Reset System removed the excessive static hissing noise on the clean presents. Very happy with that! When I look at the settings, I don't see anything obvious that changed, but it did work.

While testing, I checked out some of the very high gain factory presets. Is it normal for them to have excessive static hissing noises and the output light solid green when not playing? There is also a very distinct "tick, tick-tick" repeating sound across the very high gain factory presets. The ground switches don't appear to make any difference. It's not noticeable when playing. Again, this isn't a big concern for me, just wondering if something is still wrong.

Regardless, it's doing what I need for the moment and I'm very happy with that. Thank you both.

I love to spin knobs and tweak. Have messed up my settings numerous times so I take a snap shot of the good config and refer back to it when in default mode. Glad it worked out.

Not sure about the ticking noise that is odd. Working at the moment but can dig in a little later.

Believe this would do it:

Reset System Settings

Performing this action is not a full factory reset. Only the system settings will be erased, but all custom rigs will remain.

1. Power off the unit.
    2. Hold the System key, then switch the amp to Tuner mode.
    3. While holding the System key, turn the unit back on.

Sets all back to default. Take a snap shot of the output sections so you can return some settings you did not think about. I have done this a few times to start over from a settings perspective.