Posts by Mookytc

I edited my post above and took out a excerpt about an annoying noise I was getting while using the countryman device. When profiling would hear the three alien kemper noises but there was some weird noise going on which I could not pinpoint. Profiles turn ok except on higher gain capture was not reading accurate in definition. Should have been a much higher - brighter number.

Again I am a kemper - profiling newb so this may not be 100% accurate but this morning the noise was still irking me. Took all the connections down to basics. Tested the DI box alone with amp and all worked fine so it was not the box or the amp. Kemper seems fine but looked at the cabling. Was using a speaker cable in step 3 to go from back of the amp into DI device. Switched it to an instrument cable, ran a speaker cable from DI into the back of the cab, and attempted a profile.

Results were good and the weird noises (outside of kemper alien sounds) were gone. The higher gain capture was a little hissy before capture but that was not the noise I was hearing (usual higher gain amp hiss). Guess I was using the wrong cabling in step 3.

Maybe this will help someone at some point. Your mileage many vary.

I tried a countryman type 85 today and for the most part was pleased with the results. That said I had a ton of noise through the guitar cab while the amp was captured. Heard the usual three step Kemper alien noses but there was another loud constant noise through out. It could have been the amp as most of the captures were of gain channels (though not set absurd levels). Notice if I do not use a gate on the Kemper I can hear the noise albeit not over powering.

Attached the Countryman connections from another thread.

This DI seems pretty good. Playing through some of the captures from earlier and they sound full feeling great under my hands. Previous attempts at direct profiling were ok but the word thin come into mind. Let us know the results you get with your Countryman DI. Good luck!

Bummer....my packages were in town Friday but never moved from the local facility. FedEx is reliable in this area and ground delivers Saturday. Packages (one is the F12-X200) still sit :(:(:( and most likely will not be delivered until Tuesday.

Oh well...plenty to keep busy with but was hoping for some kind of speaker shootout. More to come at some point :thumbup:.

I have a set of both (actually a F12-X200) is set to arrive tomorrow). This will give me 2 to enter in an Avatar open back 2 X 12. Think the Celestions may blow the walls out of this small room. :S I was about to give up on them but fired one up last night. Notice it really came to life with some volume and profile tweaks.

I was pretty high on the Kones upon first receiving them but they were swapped out as the honeymoon seemed to fade quick. Was a tad disappointed in my imprint tone but to be fair have not spent a whole lot of time with the Kones. Can be like that with gear though run real hot then cold. Know I have a certain piece of hardware in the house so can always come back to it - them etc. .

Will give them a work out this weekend and will attempt to answer any questions. I am an at home player so feedback could be limited but again will be glad to try. Speaking of the weekend it should be busy Kemper wise. Do not have plans due to pandemic situation so will be rotating regular guitar speakers, Kones, and the F12's while noodling away. Got my hands on a Countryman 85 along with a SM57 so will attempt some profiling as well. So far my results with that have ok but thinking can be a lot better.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers...

Dave

Hello!

Almost had given up on this speaker especially after getting some Kones. Played through it tonight and was pleased at what I was hearing (and happy to to take advantage of the cab portion of a profile). For those that have this speaker do you find you turn the knobs on the amp or an eq more than normal to dial in tone?

Perhaps I was tweaking with my eyes (on knobs) more than my ears first time around with it. Definitely going to spend a bit more time with it.

Dave

When testing different IR's, I just open a second window of RM. In the first window I choose my rigs and in the second window I have my IR folders.

When double clicking on any IR in a folder it loads instantly into the cab section of the rig chosen in window 1. So you can try out IR very fast by just going through the IR list.

Solid tip!

It won't let you place directly in to the folder either? Perhaps someone with MAC expertise can chime in. I know I experienced that and it was the type of file I was trying to drag into RM. Wish I could help with your issue.

How about if you convert the file in cab maker, save it, then try to import into RM. Any luck there?

I think I can assist. What I have been doing (seems to be correct) with the last version of Rig Manager is:

Created a folder named IR's under my presets. Within it I created some sub-folders. This one named Seacow is a fellow who created and distributes his freely. I take the desired IR and drag it into the empty field associated with the folder or directly into the folder itself. The file converts to Kemper format on it's own. Once an amp is opened I drag the IR onto the cab block at the bottom of screen.

Only trick is once the file is in it's desired saved folder I have to click to another folder then come back into the folder with the desired IR (which then makes it seems live and ready to go). Does not make much sense but seems to work.

Hope this helps and have fun. I am no Kemper or IR expert but this seems to work for me.

Dave

Hello....was search for a tweak last night to take just a wee bit of fizz out of a nice profile. The amp EQ knobs changed the tone a bit much. Found this:

dialing out fizziness

Like Mental stated a small tweak at 3K dialed it in perfect. So my next thought is I have a handful of profiles that are nice but a tad thin. Would like to "beef" them up a bit. Boosting to bass or mids on the amp EQ does not always come through. Were could the change be made in an EQ to have a effect like the fizz tweak to fatten things up just a tiny bit?

Cheers...

Dave

Deep Diving into the Kemper Kone

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At the 1:01 or so mark Michael states the run the speaker cable out the monitor output. Having coffee and running late for work so may have misunderstood. I have been running my Kones (in a 2 x 12) using my speaker output. Do I want to use the monitor output for my cab with Kones?

Hope that made sense.... ?(