Boosts are crushing gain and volume

• After some investigation, I'm able to report that it's definitely a problem with the GCP working with the Kemper. The boost on the rigs works fine when controlling with the Kemper and no GCP. The GCP does the 4 bank with 8 instant access switches fine, and it turns stuff on and off, but it must be sending something to the Kemper with the information that's causing the lack of gain/volume. Any suggestions short of a factory reset? I really don't want to have to completely set up my GCP again. lol

• This is a complete shot in the dark but take any instant access switch you arent using on the GC for that particular patch and set it to off or 0. Sometimes even though the switch isnt used for that patch it can be assigned a CC number and cause trouble. So what I mean is, if on your preset you are using IA switch 7.8.9.10.11.12 but not 13, 14 or 15 make sure 13 14 and 15 are not assigned to any CC number at all. They should be set to off if possible. Hope you get it working right! Good Luck!

• Thanks. I tried that but with the way I have it set up, there are only 8 IAs available and I'm using all of them. The other 4 are for PCs so there wasn't a way I could find where there would be a CC applied to something not being used.

I have no idea how this happened but a factory reset of the GCP took care of the issue. After some head scratching trying to remember how to program the GCP again, I have my first 4 PCs all set up and functioning properly. I guess I'll have to be more careful in the future with what buttons I press when connected to the Kemper.

Thanks for all the help guys! Very appreciated.

• If I select a patch with the GCP and then change what's in slot A to something else on the kemper and re-save the rig, the GCP turns slot A on and off and it works as it should. Now if I move to a different patch and come back to the one I was just on using the GCP, Slot A reduces gain/volume again. If I just use the KPA, it works as it should. However, if I use the GCP to select a rig and then engage slot A on that rig using the KPA, the result is less gain and volume.

Help.

• Here is a step by step break down of what I'm doing so you guys can understand my issue.

1. Select clean rig with GCP. Engage Green Scream in Slot A with GCP. Works as it should. No issue with clean rig.
    2. Select distorted rig with GCP. Engage EQ boost (+5dB volume) in Slot A with GCP. Loss of gain and volume.
    3. Select distorted rig with GCP. Engage EQ boost (+5dB volume) in Slot A with Kemper. Loss of gain and volume.
    4. Select distorted rig with Kemper. Engage EQ boost (+5dB volume) in Slot A with Kemper. Works as it should.
    5. Select distorted rig with GCP. Insert a new effect into Slot A (Pure Boost) with Kemper. Works as it should. Turn Slot A on and off with GCP. Works as it should. Select a different rig with GCP and then return to previous rig with GCP. Engage Slot A with GCP. Loss of gain and volume. Engage with Slot A with Kemper. Loss of gain and volume.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? It's extremely frustrating.

• After messing with it more, I "think" I've found a solution. When setting up a PC, I go into where the GCP selects which GCX units to have active for that particular PC. For some reason, when I set the locations of my IAs that are active when the rig is brought up as on in this menu, things appear to be working. I have no idea why this works, but if it works, so be it. I'll be playing more with these settings to see what actually results when changing GCX selections, but for now, my boosts are working. Just in time too, since I have a gig tomorrow.