Reamping in Reaper

• I know this is becoming a dead horse in the forum, but after reading all the threads, all the manuals, updating to 2.2 beta, reading all the Reaper manuals, the audio interface manuals, and consulting a studio tech, . . . I GIVE UP.

Here is my setup:

Kemper Profiling Rack (2.2 O/S Beta)
    M-Audio Fast Track Ultra (Latest Drivers)
    Windows 7 x64
    Reaper x64 (Latest Addition)

I can record dry track and wet track with no problems whatsoever by following the instruction on Kemper Wiki. That part is simple and works great. Then the madness begins.

I have set the dry track to every single possible output listed separately and all at once. I have the Kemper set to SPDIF input, the audio interface is set to external and I am running everything 24/44.1, all the levels are set to max, and still not even a flicker in the input LED on the Kemper.

What in the world can possibly be going wrong??? Before you ask I have even tried the ReaInsert FX in Reaper; still nothing. For now, I am going to pour a drink and wait for an answer. Thanks in advance for any advise.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• Update! I tried everything mentioned and to no resolution. To narrow the issues I took my laptop and audio interface to the store where I work. Had two studio experts look at what is going on.

**** IMPORTANT INFO ***. If you have an M-Audio Fast Track Pro or Ultra. You can download the newest driver, however, the driver does not communicate with Reaper. It is do to the name length of the Description in the Regedit file. The name Avid choose, which is the new proprietor of M-Audio legacy products, is longer than 32 characters. You must go into the Regedit file on your PC and change the name to anything less than 32 characters. I choose "M-Audio FT Ultra" Now reaper sees all the ins and outs.

But now the bad news, I ran my PC into the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra and through a Lexicon Reverb rack. This was all ran S/PDIF. No problems sending and no problems receiving. Worked very easily and I was excited. But, when I got home, after saving the exact settings on everything, I used the Kemper with S/PDIF as the input and nothing. I REPEAT NOTHING!!!!!

So tomorrow I will dismantle every wire and start again. If no resolve maybe Mr. Kemper himself can give his input on how to fix this issue.

Till then, I will keep you posted.

Thanks again to all those who posted a solution and if any other thoughts may come to mind please let me know.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”