Importing Profiles

• I just downloaded some of PTs profiles, and put them on my Kemper lunchbox. I had 1000 rigs, deleted about 20 and they went in fine. Then I tried with my powered rack unit which had 1500 for some reason. I erased about 30 and when I pushed the external button after I put in the USB stick, I only get Backup/restore or format as options. It does not import anything. Can anyone help? Thanks.

• 1000 is the upper limit of rigs that a profiler can manage effeciently.
    If you have 1500 in your rack you should consider weeding them out until you get below that limitiation.

• I'm not sure it's a matter or efficiency. I've got 1386 profiles installed and the system warns me at each boot up that the available memory is maxed out and I can't install any further profile.
    Apart from this, I'm experiencing no issues at all.

I'm also sure this limitation is a new control routine implemented in one of the last OS versions (there's actually still memory available in the machine), hence my suggestion to the OP.

:)

• it is not only about efficiency. But there will be updates that require to keep the limit, since the size of the rigs will grow.
    That you can still work somehow with more rigs it's because you should have an easier transition. This will change in the future.
    I strongly recommend to watch the limit.

• it is not all about efficiency. But there will be updates that require to keep the limit, since the size of the rigs will grow.
    That you can still work somehow with more rigs it's because you should have an easier transition. This will change in the future.

This is very useful Information. Thanks! :thumbup:

• it is not all about efficiency. But there will be updates that require to keep the limit, since the size of the rigs will grow.

Sorry Timo, I'm not sure I get it: does it mean that "it is not at all" about efficiency or "it is not only" about efficiency?

As for the number of rigs... this is the state I found the Profiler in ;D

• Sorry Timo, I'm not sure I get it: does it mean that "it is not at all" about efficiency or "it is not only" about efficiency?

As I'm German I'm pretty sure Timo meant 'it is not only' about efficiency.
    We Germans use the phrase this way and it doesn't translate well into English.