Just did a flash memory init - very low levels??

• Hi there,

Following some threads I have read with gain and noises - which I feel I may have been experiencing - I did a flash memory format and init - then restored the factory settings....

I initially panicked as no sound was coming out - but the input light was green - turned out my expression pedal was all the way down - so off!

But, volumes seem a LOT quieter across presets. I definately do not need to have my dist sens on -12 now...which is great. Just wondering why volume levels seem quiet? Any ideas please?

Many thanks,

-Tonerider

Edit - Headphone volumes are fine - just main outs seem quiet.....on the Ouput 2/5 tab I have the following checked -

Main Out Link
    Monitor Out Link
    Headphone Link

• OK, very interesting - the spacial/fuzz and patches such as 'Sabbath' and Cream/Clapton ones sound like they did. Volume reacts better in cans instead of making my ears bleed with slight adjustments. Only issues now are re-setting clean/dist sens and changing pickup height as had to significantly lower my pu's to stop this clipping input/sounding ugly.

Bridge is 12k , neck 8k - so they shouldn't be driving too hard. Anyone have any more info on this? It's as if an internal gain control was maxed out, or almost as if two waveforms where copied over each other - bumping the volume and putting gain levels too high??

Everything seems to be fine, back to playing with new rigs!