Midi Designer iPad App to control Kemper and expand use of legacy foot controllers

• Is anyone using the Midi Designer app on iPad to control the Kemper? You need to have an iPad plus an additional midi interface (eg IK Multimedia iRig) £40 (min) plus the cost of the app £14. (UK pounds)

In addition to the iPad giving direct control of the Kemper for those of us using an HD500 (or similar legacy pedalboard) Midi Designer has a pedalboard interface which I believe can remap midi messages from the pedal via the iPad to the Kemper. This function should give access to all 127 rigs in Kemper browse mode from the HD500 and potential access to performances and slots in Kemper performance mode.

This is all based on playing with the free version of Midi Designer, watching the you tube demos and downloading similar control layouts from the Midi Designer website. I do not yet have the hardware midi interface, so no hard evidence yet.

So if there is anyone out there with hands on Midi Designer experience who could confirm deny or expand these ideas, your advice would be greatly appreciated, before I decide to buy the full app and interface and start my own development. All comments of course welcome from all interested forum members.

Many thanks in anticipation,
    Paul

• I use TBMidiStuff.

There is a posting on that with working templates for the lunch box and the rack mount.

Search for tbmidi stuff or my postings

Have fun

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

• Hi McRalfix

You addressed the iPad/KPA controller question long before I did, and I have a lot to learn.

I will look at TBMS and, if possible, the KPA templates which have already been developed.

Just a couple of questions though.

1. Does TBMS enable a foot controller link to the KPA via the iPad (as I believe Midi Designer does) and
    2. Has there been any further TBMS development regrading bi directional midi communication with the KPA?

Meanwhile,
    Many thanks for your reply
    Paul

• I have not read about a foot controller yet.
    But why should I need one beside the optional 2 directly connected to the KPA ?
    Perhaps I will make a test with my bluetooth pageturner if it works with vol or gain

I think TBMS should be directional but I do not know how to test that.
    I'd suggest to ask in their forum.

They are very kind and answer reasonably quick

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

• The reason for wanting the foot controller facility within the midi app is to enable me to connect my old HD500 via the iPad, and make the HD500 more versatile, by re mapping it's midi messages.

Hopefully this will allow 128 program changes instead of its limit of 64. I would hope to remap program change 0 = 64, 1 = 65, 2 = 66 and so on. This would enable maximum use of the pedal in the KPA browse mode.

If I could make that work, I would then try alternative re mapping to enable the use of the HD500 to control the KPA in performance mode

Thanks again
    Paul