What's better for SHORT connections? XLR or TS? PLEASE HELP!

• well arguing with you isn't going to change things obviously... to each their own... but it puzzles me why you'd care so little about the quality of the sound you achieve in the studio or live but can split hairs on an amplifier tone reproduced by a Kemper....

Gettin' funky up in here..

• No arguments here - some prefer the brighter signal of low capacitance guitar cables, some don't. but, In a studio, it would take very little EQ in a mix to correct either situation, if need be.

For years, at gigs, I've used a VHT Valvulator to change the guitars to a low impedance signal, to prevent too much high end loss from long cable runs, and tailored its frequency response by selecting the 12AX7A that gave me what I considered to be right amount of transparency and frequency response. It made a HUGE difference with the feel and dynamic range of Line 6 and Roland modeling gear - but, it can barely be heard in a controlled environment with my Marshall, or my Fender, or, interestingly enough, with my Kemper. I don't use it for recording with the Kemper - it is that subtle of a difference.