Kemper + FRFR Speakers + Flat wound Strings???

• Just wondering anyone play out of frfr speakers and use flat wound strings. I play rock, but i was thinking of trying flatwounds because I think they will track better on my roland gr20. My guess would be considering how deep you can go into the kemper when editing you could probably make some sounds that sound real good even with the flats. I really like the open quality of "Incubus - Wish you were here", I think I may try to get that sort of tone for a rock distortion. I think he used to play a semi hollowbody, but I only have a solid body guitar. Anyways, do you think that would be possible? Thanks

• Are you experienced as regards flat strings? They have a very peculiar sound, wit less harmonics and a smoother attack. Uh, and much less to no twang against the frets.
    I guess distorted sounds will have much less harmonic contents as well.
    Having said this, you might get interesting results, maybe through some trying and tweaking...

• Flat wound strings will track as bad with your Roland as an old dirty dull-sounding set of round wound strings. They will really, really, mess with your guitar tone.

Are you trying to improve the pitch accuracy, or the speed of tracking?

A heavier gauge of round wound strings would likely have a stronger fundamental frequency than your current gauge, and that can improve the pitch accuracy.

Unfortunately, the tracking speed cannot be made noticeably faster by changing strings. The tracking delay will not get any shorter - but, the note will be more accurate. :)