High Gritty sound through poweramp/cab

• Hey guys,

Because i'm using a poweramp/cab i searched for a lot of preamp profiles. Every single one i try (High gain only), there's a high gritty sound when i play and i can't seem to remove it with eq'ing. So i suppose that it has something to do with the KPA or poweramp.
    On the KPA "monitor cab off" is activated and i set the cab on "off". It goes via the monitor out to the poweramp and to the cab. Somebody else encountered this problem?

Thx!

• Hey Wtr_e, welcome here!

The sound can vary a lot depending on the power amp and cab you use of course, and depending on how the original rig was tweaked for profiling. Like in real life, not any combination of hardware and tweaks will sound food to your ears.

OTOH, when you use cab-less profiles you should be sure to keep cabs on on the Profiler: if you try and kill something which was not there you drastically change the original sound.

Having said the above, become friends with the parameters Definition and Clarity in the Amp section... They are the most effective for the kind of sound you're describing. Then use the tonestack for refining your tone.

• Thank you very much! I'll try this tonight, and yeah that cab thing makes sense :D
    This helped me very much! Thanks man :thumbup: Love it!

Edited once, last by Wtr_E ().