Mac users - help required

• Hey gang,

I don't have access to my Mac at the moment but I need to solve a small problem and need your help. :)

I've setup my Mac mini with 2 user accounts and I want to access the same Rig Manager database files from both accounts. I've already seen that the database files are stored in "user name" instead of "shared", which is fine as a default. But how can I change the Rig Manager's path to the "shared" location?
    Usually I'm a Windows user and I don't have a lot of experience messing around with a Mac, so your help is much appreciated. :)

Cheers
    Martin

• Hey Martin,

I looked around for you just by curiosity. Can't find anywhere a place where you could set a "custom" path.

I have looked inside the content of the App, looked in /Library/Application Support, /Users/userid/Library/Application Support to no avail...

Unless I am completely off-track, seems to be hardcoded to find the databases to specific locations with no possibility to overwrite the "standard" path by editing some xml file somewhere...

Marc.

• Please check out AHChris' solution for moving the Rig Manager's data to a different location:
    Dropbox-backup and sync for your Rigs with symbolic links!
    It should be possible to create a symbolic link for every user, pointing to the shared directory.