Kemper through home stereo receiver ...

• Just a note about this:

I would most certainly have missed a few details in a mix if the speakers were less linear than they claim to be.

If a monitor is hyped on a certain range of frequencies you can get more detail. Linearity serves the purpose to make all the sounds be heard the way they were recorded regardless their frequencies. Not necessarily more detail means more linearity, even tho this can be desirable at times :)
    What matters most in the studio IMO is to learn how your monitors translate on other systems.

• What matters most in the studio IMO is to learn how your monitors translate on other systems.

no disagreement there. Maybe I rather should say that I never felt that the mixes I've done on the Behringers need much adjustments when transferred to high-end studio gear. When used with the Kemper I've been able to use every rig that I've tweaked through the B3031As in other settings with little or no modification. In short, nothing seems hyped and I find no potholes. Having spent a lot on expensive studio-monitors of various brands, I kinda' wish that the difference in sound would be greater than it actually is.