Any Reasonably Priced 44K To 96K real time Converter Solutions Found Yet

• Has anyone found a reasonably priced 44k to 96k real time converter that can be used with the KPA? I've found a few analog to digital converters on Ebay that could be used, but nothing for digital to digital yet. I do most of my DAW work at 96k. I'd really like to use my KPA via digital connection.

• Just snagged a Behringer SRC2496 off Ebay for 90.00. From what I've read, there really are no complaints with the upsampling side of the unit. Most say it sounds good. The complaint is with the Analog input circuits which are pretty noisy. I won't be using those anyway.

That Monarchy unit looks interesting. You could probably fit that in the back of the KPA toaster. It also looks easy to remove the electronics from the case. You could easily fashion a plate for the back of the toaster, and mount the Monarchy on it for a permanent install.

Looks like the DIP Upsampler will accept SPDIF 44k from the Kemper and upsample it to 48k or 96k. (299.00). if you want to re-amp, you'd need to also buy a DIP Classic (249.00), which would accept 96k input and downsample it to 44k.

[Blocked Image: http://www.monarchyaudio.com/images/DIP_Classic_side.jpg]

• Just received my Behringer SRC2496 last night. Hooked the Kemper SPDIF Out to the SRC2496 SPDIF in, then connected the SRC2496 SPDIF Out to my Quad Capture Comuter Interface SPDIF In. I set the SRC2496 to do Sample Rate Conversion from 44.1k To the Quad Captures 96K, and everything worked like a charm. I can now use my Kemper to record directly into my 96k Projects. Haven't noticed any difference in sound.

In addition, when not using the Kemper, I can use the SRC2496 to convert other devices to 96k. It also has AES XLR Inputs and Analog XLR inputs, though I've read that the Analog to Digital Conversion is not the best.

The Behringer SRC2496 is a nice, relatively inexpensive sample rate converter box for anyone looking.