KPA and 4x12 cab

• I just got a Profiler Powerhead last week. I noted on a review on Sweetwater that mentioned turning the cab sim off when connecting just the speaker cabinet (he mentioned that as some people complain about the sound thru a cabinet). I also studied the manual and the reference manual for a few days before the powerhead arrived. First thing I did when I turned on the powerhead was finding the page to turn the cab sim off, but like 'theplayer', my master volume knob did nothing. I went back to the output and linked the master to the speaker/monitor out and TADA! everything worked perfect. I am using a Marshall 4x12 with large magnet 30W greenbacks (16ohm input) (same cab I use with my Marshall JVM410H and Engl Powerball II) and the tones I'm getting from the Kemper Powerhead are very good, basically similar to my tube amps. All my effects and such work as intended also.

I briefly auditioned all 300 presets in the amp and another 100 or so from the Rig Manager, and though I didn't care for some of the rigs, they all sounded 'correct' through my cabinet.

So no complaints here! I find it to be a very good sounding amp thru a cabinet, which is what I needed for my rock/dance/alternative cover band. I did a 3 hour rehearsal with it and used about 20 different rig sounds triggered with midi change pedal threee nights after I received the amp. Sounded great, only did a little global EQ to match the room we were in, and played with input sensitivity of clean and distortion to get those balanced.