Yamaha dxr10 blows up

• Yesterday noticed a weird smell in the house, like radiator fluid I thought at first. I called the AC guy, then hung up when he didn't answer. Googling that smell came up with AC problems leaking in the system, oh great. Walked into my office/studio and noticed a smell like that/smokey odor in the corner. Looked at my Yamaha speaker and noticed it was off. Pushed the button and "CRACK POP SNAP!" Lights going off inside the unit like lightning storm on the horizon.

"Gack!" I exclaimed, and hit the button off, sighing a bit in relief that the whole thing didn't explode on my face.

Bought it last August, apparently I will be talking with support today; my hope is they'll pay for shipping since this weighs a ton (well, for shipping purposes anyway). I'm really disappointed in that little unit failing like this; I think maybe the fan stopped working? Who knows.

Makes me strongly consider the CLR Wedge (I got on ordering list last night) OR the Xitone thing; but Wedge seems better. Anyway, I'll probably get neither because I'm confident this will get returned to me under warranty of some sort.

TLDR: Dxr10 blew up. :thumbup:

Edited once, last by oozish ().