Studio Equalizer config

• I'm very fresh to the KPA, my question is in the Studio equalizer. There are 2 initial parameters: Low Freq an High Freq. Are those shelving eqs or high and low pass respectively?

• I'm very fresh to the KPA, my question is in the Studio equalizer. There are 2 initial parameters: Low Freq an High Freq. Are those shelving eqs or high and low pass respectively?

Hi ORibeiro,

I recently started a thread on this topic, as I was unfamiliar with parametric EQs and how best to employ them. I encourage you to check this thread out (direct link, below).

A few members, including Paults, shared some excellent tips and/or links to online EQ resources. Additionally, one member (Lokessana) provided a very helpful detailed write-up and explanation of the Kemper's Studio Equalizer. I am certain you will likewise find this information very helpful:

Need help in understanding and using the Studio Equalizer as a post-EQ to tame some harsh frequencies in my FRFR.

Cheers,
    John

• Studio Equalizer
    The Studio Equalizer is a full, 4-band parametric equalizer, similar to those found in professional mixing desks or digital workstations. It offers one low shelf, one high shelf and two peak equalizer bands. All four bands have adjustable frequency, and the two peak EQ bands come with adjustable bandwidth or Q-factor.

Thank you paults, appreciated.

Tritium thank you also for the help. I'll definitely take a look.