Using volume pedal in the loop

• Hi,

I'm greedy, I want to control both the gain pre-stomps and the pure volume of my rigs. Currently I just use the volume pedal of my Uno4Kemper FBC1010 post effects.

Could I put a volume pedal in a loop in the back of the Kemper and use that in a similar way?

Then I could use the volume pedal on the FCB1010 pre-effects to drive the gain of the rigs.

If so, what in your experience is the best volume pedal to use. I have access to both the 25k and 250k passive Ernie Ball Jr pedals and also to a Morley Power Volume Plus which allows me to set a minimum volume level at heel down via a pot.

Cheers,
    Andy

• Thanks Paul. I use very few effects and so expect that wouldn't be an issue.

That said, putting the EB before the Kemper to control gain does make sense......but I suspect I'd have to change the gain on every single rig?

What I mean by that is that the EB would only take away from the input level so would give a range from the current gain levels toe down, to lower - in the heel down position.

If I up the gain of every rig, I'm not sure if the characteristics would stay static. So the gain boosted rig (say 25% boosted gain) with 25% (or whatever it needs to be) EB pedal reduction in input....might behave differently to the original rig's characteristics...

Conversely the Kemper seems hugely effective in boosting gain in a way that pleases the ears using the volume (expression) pedal of the FCB set pre stomps.

Does that make sense?

I think that's a very long winded way of saying that I think putting an EB in the loop and using the X slot (the only way to get in front of the stomps and purely boost volume?) seems easier / safer for me.

Cheers,
    Andy