Direct Profiling with a Rivera RockCrusher Recording

• I searched the forums and saw some users have direct profiled with a RockCrusher, but I didn't see anything definitive about it.

In my not so good understanding, I have it that I run the amp speaker out into the RockCrusher in from amp. Then, I need to run the RockCrusher speaker out to my cab, with the RockCrusher unbalanced line out to the KPA input. Is this correct for achieving a direct profile? This leaves me wondering:

1. The RockCrusher is not a DI, and acts as a load box only in this case, and not a DI. Is this an issue/will it harm anything?

2. Do I need to turn the Attenuator off, or leave it on?

3. The RockCrusher Recording has a speaker simulator that is activated when the line out is used. Do I need to disable this?

4. Do I need to set the pad to min or max?

5. Do I adjust the line out levels so it isn't too hot for the KPA?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I just don't want to damage anything and you guys have been extremely helpful so far.

Thanks!!!

• 1. The RockCrusher is not a DI, and acts as a load box only in this case, and not a DI. Is this an issue/will it harm anything?

It is a DI - it has a Line Level Output. The Line Level Output goes to the Kemper.

2. Do I need to turn the Attenuator off, or leave it on?

Turn it off - it is for the speaker, not for the Line Out. You want the amp/speaker to fully interact.

3. The RockCrusher Recording has a speaker simulator that is activated when the line out is used. Do I need to disable this?

Yes - disable this. You are making a Disrect Amplifier Profile - it does not contain the sound of a speaker.

4. Do I need to set the pad to min or max?

Don't use the Pad unless you are clipping the input of the RockCrusher.

5. Do I adjust the line out levels so it isn't too hot for the KPA?

If you need to adjust the level, you can adjust the line out of the RockCrusher, or the Line In of the KPA.

• dude... THANKS!!!

• Yes, I've got one. I was going to get the matching Kemper DI box, but if the RockCrusher will work, then I'll just use that. Is there any chance the Kemper DI would make a profile sound better than using the RockCrusher, or is that nonsense?

• I've loved every Rivera product I've ever owned. Their support is top notch too. I'd suggest shooting them an email explaining your intended use and they should be able to answer your question regarding the transparency of the DI signal.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast