Recommended audio interface for use with KPA?

• Any opinions on something in the $200-300US range? Since KPA does not (currently) support audio over USB I need to invest in a new audio/midi interface for both recording and I guess profiling as well? I say profiling because my only MIC is an AKGC3000 (condenser that requires phantom power) although I will probably pick up an SM57 in the future and you need a preamp/mixer if you are going to profile with more than one mic.
    For pure cost effective and well built stuff I really like the Focusrite offerings (Saffire for firewire, Scarlett for USB). The one gotcha is that the round trip latency is slightly high (especially with the Scarlett USB) and I fear my KPA is going to take a while to get here, so I'd like to use Scuffham (for realtime playing) while I wait.
    That Akai EIE Pro actually looks pretty neat and matches the vibe of the KPA for sure :) but no spdif (I'm starting to wonder how important or even easy it's going to be to use spdif with the KPA?)
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com…000?src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0
    Presonus also has the new audiobox line which looks okay, but again, no spdif and no LINE INS which really sucks, that means reamping is out right?:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com…-usb-2.0-recording-system
    I tried the Komplete Audio 6 in the past and while the round trip latency is very low there were a few gotchas. I didn't like the master volume level on the top of the unit and line inputs didn't work through (you have to have tracks engaged for recording to be able to monitor audio).
    Looks like Focusrite is still the front runner.

• I use a Presonus Firebox which I picked up second hand on ebay (circa £120)
    The latest Kemper Firmware update has sorted the S/PDIF in/out on that device so I can record via that. The latency is tiny. Sounds totally realtime, better than USB on "another modeller". Monitor or record in Reaper. Very Happy.

• I use a Presonus Firebox which I picked up second hand on ebay (circa £120)
    The latest Kemper Firmware update has sorted the S/PDIF in/out on that device so I can record via that. The latency is tiny. Sounds totally realtime, better than USB on "another modeller". Monitor or record in Reaper. Very Happy.

I was considering one of those, so tiny though. I'm leaning heavily towards the Roland Quad Capture at this point.

http://www.rolandus.com/produc…etails.php?ProductId=1166

It looks pretty nice, supposedly the pre's are decent and it has SPDIF I/O and I believe enough analog I/O for reamping with the Kemper as well. I recall reading the round trip latency was decent too, not that I plan to use software based guitar sims that often once the KPA arrives.
    EDIT: Nevermind lol... I just looked closer at the specs and the I/O on the back doesn't work for me; I want at least 2 1/4" line ins for use with the KPA just incase spdif is not working well enough for me with the KPA. The search continues... probably end up with the Focusrite 8i6, even though I know going in the driver usually cannot get below ~12ms round trip latency which is too much for comfortable realtime playing with Scuffham amps sim.

Edited once, last by NightRunner ().