KPA Live instead of tube amp

• I love the KPA for my recordings - and wonder if anybody uses the KPA live - instead of a tube amp.

I dont care about users of other modeling gear - now using the KPA live - but only about tube amp users switching now to the KPA for live usage.

EG used to play a Marshall JCM800, profiled it, use monitor xy - sounds great.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Hey,

Used it live and it sounds great, but it's very very important to have a good monitoring. My bandmates said it sounds better than my setup before, the audience didn't care ;)
    I'm playing in a rock coverband (Mando Diao, Lenny Kravitz, LedZep, Kinks) and have 4 different Sounds: Clean, vintage/boutique (Definition more on left side), rock (same but only more definition, some EQ) and a boostet rock (TS + rock).
    I've recognized that it sounds best, if all profiles have the same cab, so they have the same character and in the mix they are in the same position.
    Also recognized that the usermade cabs will give a better "live"-feeling, they didn't sound that perfect. :P

In the preKPA-age I used to play a H&K Statesman, but now using some of mine Fireball-profiles - like them the most.
    Don't know which monitors we used live, in the practice room we have some EV.

• Yep, I came from tube amps. Love them and get a kick from comparing how close the kpa direct profiles get.
    I got direct profiles from those amps of 5 sounds which I use live and am now using the KPA with a fratomic power amp and my evh 4x12 speaker and am loving it so far.
    Ive also taken some profiles of the amps with the 5153 cab and saved the cab so its a simple matter to go FRFR (as I have a couple of times) if I want to.
    Ive been really very very impressed with this setup. Ive not quite yet got the profiles perfect for where I want them but Im a lot closer than Ive ever been with anything other than my real amps, and most importantly the KPA had all the grunt, snarl and unpredictability of the real thing. I love it.
    Im really looking forward to a matching power amp so I can just turn up at the upcoming summer festival gigs with my guitar, my kemper lunchbox and a small pedalboard (I hate midi in a live context so it is a couple of Boss footswitches for profiles up/down, delay on/off and 'x' on/off.) I have my wah, phase 90, ts808 and evh flanger in front of the KPA.
    I really like the inbuilt fx but am not keen to use midi footswitches until the KPA one comes out.
    On a slightly different note I am arranging over the next couple of weeks to set up a small collection of amps in a local 500 seater concert hall where with the help of the venues engineer and a local friend of mine who is a well travelled pro live sound engineer we hope to sort a good few gig ready direct to pa profiles (as opposed to studio ones).
    If it goes well then of course I will share them on the exchange.

• I think if you gave Rocktrons Midi Raider a shot you may be pleasantly surprised. I just got it today and programmed it in about 20 mins. Im a total midiot and it was very simple to use. Super easy to set up stomps, presets, etc. The only downside to it is you have to name the patch on the Midi Raider if you want it to match what it says on the Kemper. Kind of annoying, but not hard. I thought about shooting a tutorial video on it, but its so easy, I dont really think its even necessary.