Clipping, Clipping and more Clipping - Please help

• Wow. This is very interesting to me....

1. The Master Volume
    2. The Amp Volume
    3. The Cabinet Volume

NONE of these will affect the tone, and they ONLY affect the volume of profile.

That really should be in the manual somewhere.

On to these SENSE inputs for "clean" and "distortion". Can somebody please give an explanation of what these really are? And how they are to be used to the get the most out of the Kemper?

I have heard nobody really touches the "distortion", if this is the case....not sure why it's there.

And the Clean sense is to be used for clean tones, yet some people always keep it at "0" :?:

Any help on SENSE would be a huge benefit to everyone.

Thanks again!
    JEL

• They are input volume compensation settings. The clean sense should be set so that your clean rigs have the same volume of your distorted ones and it does NOT influence how the guitar is driving the distorted sounds. The distortion sense DOES influence how hot the guitar is driving the distorted sounds and practically compensate for too hot (reduce it) or too soft (increase it) PUs

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ok - So why not just use the cab volume (or amp volume) to balance out the clean profiles vs. the crunch profiles?

Does the clean sense actually influence the tone, or just the volume?

• Ok - So why not just use the cab volume (or amp volume) to balance out the clean profiles vs. the crunch profiles?

Does the clean sense actually influence the tone, or just the volume?

In my feeling it influence the dynamic of the the amp profiles and the 3D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hey I started noticing clipping on ALL my clean patches, specially with my Les Paul, well it was more like an underlined fuzzy sound.

Even with the volumes all the way down, and no indication of clipping, mine sounded like this

http://www.energiestudios.com/Files/Fuzz.mp3

not sure what you are getting. But then I looked and saw that I still had a cable plugged out of the monitor send, as well as my main outs. AS SOON, as I unplugged that, the fuzzy stuff went away and I am back to normal. Well there is always just a tiny bit of fuzz behind some or most of the clean sounds, but its far enough in the back it doesn't bother me that much..

• My clipping was definitely due to overloading either the INPUT (turning red) or the Master (turning red).

The Sense can take care of the light clipping on the input....

And manage the three volumes (amp, cab and master) can tame the Master light clipping red.

I only get that buzziness/rattle/farting out - when it clips into the red.

I have no fuzz or buzz, or whatever....unless it's red.

• Cool. Yeah my les Paul has pretty hot pickups and I have to adjust things sometimes when I use it. Easy to clip if u don't be careful.