Monitor output problem - then solved !

• So I just got my DXR12 and its in my bedroom studio...but I dont want it active all the time, plus I dont want to keep switching it on and off so I thought maybe I could control the monitor volume with a footswitch...

I stuck a Boss FS-5U into switch 1 and played around with the footswitch settings on the Kemper...now I have no sound from the monitor...? Mmmm...and I cant get it back whenever I try.

After much fiddling, and a KPA restart , I found that with the Boss connected in this way, if I go to the system menu, page 6 and change the Mode setting to Type 1...a calibration thing kicks in and the monitor volume acts like a tremelo effect as the calibration thing happens.

Clearly there is nothing to calibrate, so when I Mode back to Type 1 ...volume output to monitor stops and will not reset unless I restart the Kemper.

Just saying...

I assume to control this monitor volume I need Volume pedal as opposed to on/off sw.?

No Gain - No Pain.... :D

• You will experience this behavior "a calibration thing kicks in and the monitor volume acts like a tremolo effect" with any pedal controller assigned, regardless of Volume Pedal, Wah Pedal, Pitch Pedal, Morph Pedal, Monitor Volume Pedal, if you connect a TRS cable to the Profiler or Remote pedal socket and leave it open (eternal resistance) on the other side. And a switch with open contact has the same. The Profiler is searching for the expression pedal....