New small Matrix poweramp GM50, maybe good for Kemper users?!

• I've just read this on the Matrix amplification FB page:

And then the video link.
    I think that the GM50 is just the active module, which can be used to make active powered wedges. So no powered wedges by matrix.
    I think that's a great solution.

There WILL be powered wedges from Matrix as well as the GM50 available separately to DIY/bespoke build if you want.

Guitar elf and demonstrator for Matrix Amplification

• What's are the benefits to these products? I mean who's to say I shouldn't just go buy a fryette or atomic power amp. From my understanding matrix products are not even tube power amps and several people have said the tube power amps are the way to go. So is there some new technology involved here with the matrix brand that is going to make these better suited for modelers? I would prefer a no tube power amp so that I don't have to replace tubes, but when I hear clips of the tube power amps they sound better. With that said I'm sure somebody could create a poweramp that is a non tube that sounds tube... The kemper proves this!!! So please please let me know what I'm missing with regard to this just being another new release to sell an old product with a different shape or case around the internals.

• Matrix power amp are lightweight, powerfull and flat. That's why they are a nice combo with axe fx/KPA stuff for people willing to use power amp and/or cab emulations.
    Tube power amp just sound different and they work great if you want to use your modeller/ profiler as a "classic" preamp. Imho.