It arrived...

• So I hear the rolling cart the shipper guy uses coming down the hall...expecting the unit I ordered from sweetwater. The one from Thomann was MIA and I hadnt heard back on additional US tracking info. Anyway, the Thomann one is here-the sweetwater one should be here shortly. Now I can go all bonamassa and have multiple rigs. Hmm, interesting thought.
    First question-what firmware. This one came with the initial junk, so I put 1.04 on it-thinking stable was good. I might stick 1.06 on the next one, just because. Compare apples and apples. Not going to have much time tonight, but tomorrow night I should have 4-5 hours to mess with it-and a low key band practice thursday.
    454 files imported. OK to reboot. hehehehehehehehehee
    So introductions-From the Chicago area. Axe-fx ultra, now axe2. Also have a HD500 and 11R as well as a GSP1101. Had a few pods and assorted other modelling things over the years. Currently in 2 cover bands so versatility is key for me. Looking forward to watching this little green box develop.

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44

• So I hear the rolling cart the shipper guy uses coming down the hall...expecting the unit I ordered from sweetwater. The one from Thomann was MIA and I hadnt heard back on additional US tracking info. Anyway, the Thomann one is here-the sweetwater one should be here shortly. Now I can go all bonamassa and have multiple rigs. Hmm, interesting thought.
    First question-what firmware. This one came with the initial junk, so I put 1.04 on it-thinking stable was good. I might stick 1.06 on the next one, just because. Compare apples and apples. Not going to have much time tonight, but tomorrow night I should have 4-5 hours to mess with it-and a low key band practice thursday.
    454 files imported. OK to reboot. hehehehehehehehehee
    So introductions-From the Chicago area. Axe-fx ultra, now axe2. Also have a HD500 and 11R as well as a GSP1101. Had a few pods and assorted other modelling things over the years. Currently in 2 cover bands so versatility is key for me. Looking forward to watching this little green box develop.

south elgin user here.

• Don't forget to import the Cabinets.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/551117…2%20-%20Kemper%20Cabs.zip

I did forget. Got to messing with it last night and had...7 or so? Though after goofing around for a little while, some stuff sounded really nice through the little K8 I have at home. Other stuff sounded like it was in a box. With the axe, I drop an fx loop in my patches and run out 2 to a little EH Mag44 to any of the 2x12 cabs I have at the assorted practice spaces, and the crappy one at home. I actually taped the pedal on top of the little power brick and double-stick taped it into the back of the axe2 rack. So-popped that out. Wouldnt you know it-it fits perfectly into the back of the KPA just like that. The KPA just became a 44W head. It's a loud little power amp, more than enough to gig/practice.
    So I start rolling through patches-okay, I have way too many-and just flipping the cab off as I go. I know I heard rumblings of it still being somewhat present, but I didnt really stress about that, figured I'd just go by ear. Wow. These two paragraphs not-withstanding, I am speachless. The little sucker kicks A$$! I still need to find a way to control it. In a perfect world, I need to pull up 5 presets(one I narrow it down!) and get the effects set up to buttons. My stuff is strewn all over the different practice spaces, but I have an HD500 at home, and a well used rocktron all access. Where can I get a can of KPA green paint? You know the paint sparkles in sunlight. Thanks for the cab link!

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44