Fryette 1U Tube Power Amp 2x40w

• Any news about it?

Specs from this site:
    http://www.stormshadowtonework…/news_details.aspx?aid=36

RACK MOUNT POWER AMPLIFIERS
    For over 20 years, FRYETTE power amplifiers have set the standard for sound quality, power and rugged reliability. The designs are straightforward and functional, the build quality is unmatched, and long-term roadworthiness is amply attested to by legions of touring bands that depend on them.

*NEW FOR 2012* LXII LOW PROFILE STEREO POWER AMPLIFIER
    Delivers 40 watts per channel in a SINGLE RACK SPACE! This low profile 6L6 dynamo meets today’s demanding player’s requirements for a compact, lightweight all tube amplifier that produces flat response for modeling preamps or guitar voiced response for rack rigs and slaving applications. Only 12 inches deep and weighs 20 pounds! Switchable to 80 watts mono!

• 40 WATTS PER CHANNEL STEREO • FLAT (FRFR) OR ENHANCED VOICING
    • BRIDGE MONO MODE • SINGLE RACK SPACE
    Available to Order £999.00

• My thoughts after using Tube amp modelers for 20 years.

Use a very clean & accurate sound reproducer - like a pair of QSC K12 monitors.

With the KPA, you already own a piece of hardware that replicates the life like Tube Amp response and feel.

Adding another Tube amp and guitar cab at the back end rather defeats the KPA purpose, and adds another layer of non linear dynamic response and EQ to your sound.

The phrase "polishing the polish" come to mind.

I prefer to have a consistent and accurate reproduction on my KPA rigs live.

Feeding the KPA into a real Tube power amp and guitar speaker cab may create a nice sounding rig, but it will not accomplish the goal stated above. ( consistent and accurate reproduction on my KPA rigs in a live setting. )

• This amp is shown on the Freeyette Youtube channel,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhA7sR6OpcM

where it presented as an frfr amp, I believe.
    Informative set of videos, imho.

He discusses the difference between solid state and tube amps (His) when used in conjunction with modelers/profilers
    He has an Axe FX, a Kemper, and an Eleven rack there to show some characteristics, fwiw.

"Every Coin Has 3 Sides" - Rae