Owning both Kemper Profiler Stage & Kemper Profiler PowerHead issues

• So.... Kemper Profiler Stage has Beta 7.0 Software. I am NOT a fan of Beta Software on units that I rely on for live use. However, I took the plunge because I've been waiting on a floor unit forever! Here is my issue:

1. My PC has the latest Official release of RM.

2. My Kemper Profiler PowerHead has the latest official release of Profiler Software.

3. My Kemper Stage of course has the Beta 7.0 software which I had no choice in the matter on for now.

4. Kemper Stage requires 2.3 BETA of RM software. Which requires 7.0 BETA of software be loaded on profilers.

So, as you can see I'm screwed because I'd rather play it safe with my gear. I can't use the RM with my new Stage because it's not 2.3 (2.1 won't even recognize it). This means I can't upload my awesome profiles to the new stage (I do NOT want to do a USB backup form PowerHead and Restore on Stage as I ONLY want to load a few particular profiles).

Sigh...... Early adopters always get the shaft! lol

• I don't know what computer gear you have, but I'm considering a scenario that might suggest options for you.

I run Windows 7 on my studio box and don't want to upgrade it to 10 in order to get RM 3.0 when it comes out. I do, however, have a couple of 10 laptops lying around. I don't want to have to deal with two computers in the studio, so what I plan on doing is cabling the 10 laptop USB to my toaster and installing RM 3 (when available on it).

Then, from my studio console computer, I can just Remote Desktop into the 10 laptop to run RM, and minimize the Remote Desktop instance to continue working on my Cubase and other apps. One keyboard, mouse and monitor, so from a workflow perspective it won't change much from my current setup.

If you have a laptop laying around, perhaps you could use your desktop for one Kemper and your laptop for the other. And if you're running Windows, you could then do the Remote Desktop thing to keep from having to set a laptop on your desk next to your keyboard.

Might be a bit Rube Goldberg for some folks, but I thought it might help.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Why not install RM 2.31 and the 7.0 Beta on your toaster?

I did it already and both RM and toaster 7.0 FW) are quite stable.

Another option would be to export rigs from your toaster via USB and import into your Stage.

I'm sure I'm just being paranoid but I'm just not a fan of running Beta anything. heheheh Is there actually a way to choose specific "Performances" to export when you do USB? I thought it was basically all or nothing?

• I'm sure I'm just being paranoid but I'm just not a fan of running Beta anything. heheheh Is there actually a way to choose specific "Performances" to export when you do USB? I thought it was basically all or nothing?

If you want to install Performances, your only choices are to use Rig Manager or a Backup file.

You cannot install specific ones via USB, because there is not a way to specify the Performance Destinations.