SPDIF out sounds compressed on low end

• Hi,
    I'm actually new to using SPDIF.
    I have the latest beta installed (1.0.7) on my KPA.
    When I record using spdif there's a lot of volume compression going on, it sounds like there's a compressor dropping the volume every time there's low end.
    When I take down the volume to like -30dB on my kemper profile the compression is gone.
    Using a jack cable from kemper output to my USB preamp input (fast track pro) works fine and doesn't get any compression.

In my DAW I'm not clipping anything, also the input volume to the KPA
    sounds normal (I even have to raise gain a little bit compared to normal
    KPA input)

I can actually record by using the lower volume, but for monitoring I'd like to have some high volume coming from the KPA (it actually doesn't clip at all when I record, so there's compression going on at a normal input volume in my DAW (peaking around 60 % , a normal safe input)

Ofcourse I can add an EQ on the channel just to raise the volume, but it would be nice if the KPA spdif out just doesn't get compressed at higher volumes, especially since I have to guess where it stops compressing right now and I record at really low levels for safety.

• I'm having the exact issue, and no compression enabled in my Roland Octa-Capture (the digital input doesn't go through any preamps). Anyone else encountered this?

Edited once, last by tnipe ().