Need help - clipping during profiling cranked amp on 10.

• I'm trying to profile my Fender Super Champ X2, Channel 1, volume 10. It's a tube pre and power amp, no modeling on Ch1. But every time I run the profile, it stops and says I'm clipping. I just went through the manual, and it mentions it, but doesn't say what to do about it. I'm mic'ing the front of the amp with a Shure SM57. I want to capture that tone, without having to sit in the room with a blaringly loud amp. Just what the Kemper works for, right? I'm sure there's a setting in the profiling process that I'm missing. I'm using a Stage Profiler, btw. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

• I haven't, but that sounds pretty obvious. Is it a setting inside the profiling process? Or do you mean, just in general to change the input setting in "System"? Appreciate the response.

• From "Profiling An Amp", page 288 in the Manual:

Levels

Set “Return Level” using the corresponding soft knob so that the level of the reference amp roughly equals the level of the internal sound of the PROFILER. You can check level differences by switching back and forth between the current Rig and your reference amp. If the OUTPUT LED turns red when you play your reference amplifier, the level is too hot. You might notice audio clicks when you turn the “Return Level”; this is the analog RETURN input stage switching the level in the analog domain, to ensure the best signal-to-noise ratio. This feature allows you to capture any signal level, from the softest microphone to the hottest studio level output. Don’t worry too much about achieving a perfect volume match; during the profiling process, the “Return Level” will be fine-tuned automatically to match the unity level of the PROFILER.

Please remember to leave a few decibels of headroom in your microphone preamps and the rest of the signal chain - the test signals can get a bit louder than a regular guitar signal and might cause clipping if you don't. Be sure to watch your level meters while the PROFILING is in progress, just to be sure there are no overloads.