Kirk Hammett Signature Randall MTS KH-1, KH-2, and KH-3

• Hi, all. This is my first attempt at profiling. I tried my best to mimick Tills methods. Any feedback for improvement would be great ASAP, as I gotta let this amp go tomorrow.

KH1
    Based on Kirk's classic clean tones, the voicing of this preamp is based on various clean amps that Kirk has used throughout his illustrious career. A great clean tone for any style.

KH2
    Based on Kirk's signature rhythm tone, the KH2 instantly becomes a classic because of its extreme wide-range of tones. This mid to hi-gain preamp is perfect for any classic rock and metal tone and for that early Metallica rhythm tone.

KH3
    Based on Kirk's legendary hi-gain lead tone, this preamp takes the KH2 to a higher level of gain and sustain. Utilizing the same tone circuit as the KH2, the KH3 is tailored more for the modern rock and metal guitarist who demands a high level of gain.

Crapppp!!!!!! Also the author shows up wrong!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I had only a limited window of time to profile, didn't have time to go thru the tagging!

:cursing:

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

Edited once, last by steeldragon72 ().

• Ahhh... okay, I think I remember you on the MTS forum.

The amp is an RM100 2x12 combo with V30s. All mods were modded by Jaded Faith. I'm really hoping for some input on improvements!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• LOL @sorefinger's pic :D:D

Steeldragon: Thanks for sharing this. I was a huge Kirk Hammett fan back in the day when I first started playing.
    It's been a few years (actually quite a few) now and I kinda lost track of the band after their "Load" album.

What pickups in combination with those profiles would get you close to Kirk's sound?
    EMG81's?

• Ahhh... okay, I think I remember you on the MTS forum.

The amp is an RM100 2x12 combo with V30s. All mods were modded by Jaded Faith. I'm really hoping for some input on improvements!

Yup I used to hang out there...Rob is a cool guy and from what I hear does stellar mod work..I had Pete mod the KH-3 I used to have....thanks for the info and the profiles rock! :thumbup:

• Yes, I'm using the EMG81s on Kirk's ESP Eclipse. As for the tone, I don't think it's as good a match as Tills Metallica presets.

As for Kirk's Randall MTS Amp, I don't believe he actually played it on stage; only during rehearsals. Rumor is James hated it. With Mike Fortin now on board, Randall is currently building Kirk another custom amp.

I'm with ya on the Post-Load era. The music just got boring, although some of the riffs have been good. Kirk hasn't wrote a killer solo in 20 years.