Thinking of going FRFR with Kemper

• Basically it's a Tech 21 Power Engine 60 with an EV12L. The downside is the EV doesn't fit very well, and making it fit voids the warranty on the amp.

Overall it's a small, compact rig that sounds UNBELIEVABLY great. Small enough for a jam session. Loud enough for a larger stage. The sound man gets a great sound direct from Kemper, so he's happy. I get great "real amp" tone & feel out of the PE60 so I'm happy. Best of both worlds IMO without having to spend a ton of money.

Cool. Sounds like an FRFR in a box solution. The Tech 21 is a straight up power amp with no coloration (some call it "tone"), right? Is the replacement speaker a Coaxial? I've often wondered how that would sound.

My Keyboard amp is very similar but has 2 - 12" speakers with seperate horns. Its design to be FRFR. Its close enough and has a bit of an "ampy" vibe to it.

bd

• My RCF aren't the NX12's but 310A's and cost 1/3 of the NX..still sounds great

That is true, however I am not prepared to drop that kind of cash on RCf stuff yet, especially since I will never be able to play one, and see if I can justify the difference. Why do some of you like FRFR? I think I will like it because A: I will be able to dial in my real guitar tone going to the PA, a big plus and B: I think I will enjoy not having such a beamy guitar sound that you get wih 4x12s, I really do.