Rig exchange effects.

• Dyno is my kind of guy!

When I use the flanger, I always have a tendency to lower it a lot it the mix - usually to 50%. Even though I might need it to go 100% to match a cover, my playstyle doesn't work when it's that strong. It will sound nice on the original song but it's over-bearing when I use it. The phaser is the same. I wouldn't mind different presets for all the popular songs but I'll probably cut them down anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've never been satisfied with the flanger and phaser up front. I always place them in the loop. It just sounds smoother to me that way.

I'm the opposite when it come to where. Flange and phase sounds are too strong post amp for me. I favor phase and flange sounds done before there were effects loops so the only time I would use modulations post amp is if I wanted a real dramatic effect like "unchained" flange or something. Funny, to me flange and phase sound MUCH smoother and blended in front of the amp than post that really makes the effects pronounced with more edge.

• TopJimi’s EVH pack is my fave. The flange is there, the phaser is there, the Cathedral delay is there…very nice.

I have this pack. It's one of my favorites and I've heard guys that I presumed were using it that sounded amazing. I think the amps sound super good but IMO the flange and phaser are not as good as the way I have set them. And I'm not one of those guys that has to tweek everything or I'm not happy. When I got that pack, I was surprised the phase flange and reverb although good they could have been closer. Listen to the reverb on the first album then pull up the VH1 rig. It's not near as much as the album.