Please Help...i dont know what´s wrong with my KPA

• Hi...i wanted to write in the most convinient way to talk about being not to happy with my Kemper, a few weeks have passed, and though i ´ve spend time tweaking a profile and get good results (not incredible results) well happens that most of the profiles downloaded here from the Rig Exchange, doesnt sound to good, and i must say, having deal with amp sims my whole life, that the resulting profiles are the same as my other modelers respecting quality sound.

I run my KPA through a Sony Muteki....i just want what other users claiming to have....the real Tube Feel and not another Digital Modeler....im begining to suspect, its my Home Theater fault, or maybe something i havent configured in my KPA (i haven fully understood Input options, like clean sense and distorted sense but maybe my problem is another one)

I know the KPA could give me best results.

or perhaps is just that some profiles sounds horrible, no matter what output where you using.

Please help CK

• Well, an home theater system is not really the best amplification, but it should work, have you tried with headphones directly in the Kemper? Does it sounds better to you?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• We warned you about using a home stereo, actually a crappy home stereo as your monitor source. Trust me, I was in electronics retail for a very long time and I can assure you that Sony does not make an audio device that's good. So you're plugging a $1800 device into a $400 all in one stereo system. My studio monitors cost more than that per speaker. Most good ones do. So, any device is going to only be as good as the weakest link. Sorry to be so frank, but I already explained this to you in your initial post so I'm confused as to why you're confused.

So, pick up some decent studio monitors or if cash is tight, do some research and get some good headphones. Again, I find the AKG K720s to be good and comfortable.

• Sorry...yes i also though my problem was the sony muteki but got confused since other member told me the muteki was like a frfr system...im gonna dig a good headphones until i got money to get a good FRFR active system....and thank you for your reply.

I know the KPA is awesome, i just wanted to make sure my problem was my home theater

and again, sorry for my complaint.

Regards,

Aristides

• Does the stock profiles sound bad too?

IMHO are the stock profiles very good.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• My biggest issue was to have too much gain with almost all high gain profiles.
    It gaves me some weird high frequencies.
    I found a work around by tweaking the definition parameter first, most of the time it is set to 10 and to lower the gain.
    Then i checked the clean sense input which was at 5 and set it at 2.
    Now it's almost ok for all high gain profiles, i still sometimes lower the gain and check the definition parameter a little bit.
    Having too much gain is bad.