Kemper Stage in Performance Mode starts up with underwater/mid range sounds

• In short, This just started happening the other day, and I finally figured out today that I can fix it with a cycle of performance to browser and back to performance.

I spent awhile chasing what seemed way to 'mid' range sounds - muffled, almost like a blanket over the cabinet. I knew my profiles didn't sound like that.

When I was in performance mode cycling through slots/rigs - there was just something missing. It wasn't loud. The treble seemed really low. The low strings on the guitar felt more like I was playing a bass.

The volume knob (turning it) on my guitar also seemed strange. I could hear a clip as I turned it an it was just reacting weird.

I thought maybe the headphone cable (primary headphones), maybe the guitar cable (switched) - no change. I even tried main out to some speakers I had used before (frfr) that I knew sounded good.

By pure accident, I jumped over to browser mode and almost blew out my ears. The rig and browser mode sounded fantastic - so I clicked back to performance mode. The previous rig was now 2x louder and all the highs/treble were back again. I stayed in performance and tried other rigs in slots and they all sounded better again.

So I turned off the stage and turned it back on again. Same thing. Mid/under water in performance (starting up in that mode). Cycled to browser mode, clicked right back to performance mode - problem gone. All highs back and it's loud. I do have a MacBook Pro connected and had rig manager up and running in between power off/on. I closed rig manager and power cycled the stage again. That time it seemed ok.

I thought that might have something to do with it, until I was able to recreate it without rig manager running.

Any ideas on settings to look at - globally or rig for an 'under water/no high' sound?

• After I posted this (and before I hit enter) - I realized something. The characteristics of the problem relate to fuzz and true impedance on the stage. I hadn't started playing with those settings until recently. This makes a lot more sense, but it has to be some type of bug. The volume knob behaves weirdly and the highs are gone when I'm on a profile/rig that has *nothing* to do with fuzz or true impedance.

So we set out to test it and found out that on boot, the kemper stage seems to be 'stuck' with some weird true impedance on (even though it's rig independent in the fuzz effect?). Cycling from browser to performance mode clears this issue every time. Highs return, volume knob returns to normal.

The only way to make it *not* behave that way was to go to each individual rig and disable fuzz/true impedance. I only had a few profiles/rigs that had that on.
    I appreciate the effect and how true impedance works with the fuzz effect and volume knob. It's pretty neat - but not at the expense of it tanking every other sound on the stage until I cycle browser/performance.

To be clear, I can startup to a performance/browser rig that has nothing to do with fuzz/true impedance, and the sound is muffled and sounds like it's under water - and follows to every rig/profile I turn to. Nothing stops it except for a cycle between performance/browser mode *or* going to a rig that has true impedance on and cycling the effect.

Have I hit some sort of bug? I can reproduce it at will (as long as a rig/profile has that toggle flipped on somewhere).

• Please open a support ticket and attach a backup of your Stage adn OS version you are using, so that we can repduce the scenario.

Did that, and am working with support. In case anyone finds this, seems like bug, but they (and now I) can't reproduce it. After toggling off true impedance (and turning it back on) - this issue no longer occurs. On boot up or switching rig, the effect is only on for 'fuzz' rigs that have it turned on. The bug previously was the hardware circuit for true impedance seemed to be engaged no matter what rig I was on. Seems fine now, after a 'cycle' of the effect on/off.